Today Huawei started rolling the latest updated version of Android 7.0 Nougat for Huawei P9. The update brings the build number to EVA-L09C212B358 on Huawei P9 iUSACell Mexico variant. Now you can install Huawei P9 B358 Nougat Firmware on the EVA-L09 variant.
The update is sent via OTA (Over the air), and it may take a couple of days or even weeks to receive the update. Like we said, The update is rolling in a phase-wise manner. You need to wait for the official roll out to upgrade Huawei P9 to the new version. The update brings the latest Android 7.0 Nougat firmware and also brings a couple of improvements and bug fixes.
Table of Contents
Manually Check Huawei P9 B358 Nougat Firmware EVA-L09 [iUSACell Mexico]
If you are still waiting for the OTA update on your Huawei P9, then you can check the OTA manually. Follow our below guide which can see if you have any OTA on your phone. Before that make sure you are running Official Stock ROM without root or mods installed. If you are rooted, then first you need to unroot your phone.
To check for the OTA, Go to Settings –> About Phone —> System update
This way you can check if you have any OTA update on your Huawei P9. In case if you find the Huawei P9 B358 Nougat Firmware build, then you can hit the download button to install the update on your phone.
Before installing any update, make sure you have enough battery backup with at least 50% left. To download the OTA update, your phone must be running a stable WiFi or Data connection.
Recommended: Take Full Backup before any installation or upgrade.
If you still not received the OTA and you want to update manually using the update.zip file on your Huawei P9, then you can follow the below guide. This guide will help you to install Huawei P9 B358 Nougat Firmware. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device during installation. Do it at your own risk.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei P9
- Model No: EVA-L09
- Android OS: 7.0
- EMUI Version: 5.0
- Firmware: B358
- Build Number: EVA-L09C212B358
- Region: iUSACell Mexico
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
What’s on Android 7.0 Nougat?
Android 7.0 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
Huawei designed EMUI 5.0 based on the newly released Android 7.0. The brand new EMUI 5.0 is inspired by the pure blues and whites of the Aegean Sea. The interface is simple and smart, and EMUI 5.0 comes with enhanced, powerful performance that allows mobile phones to operate more smoothly.
- Notifications An optimized design combines shortcuts with notifications to reduce the complexity of user actions. Touch and hold notifications to quickly block messages and notifications. Reminder cards are stacked to save space.
- Three dimensional task management Tasks are stacked three-dimensionally on the UI. Smooth gestures allow users to scroll through tasks by sliding up and down or dismiss tasks by swiping left or right.
- Camera Camera now supports plug-in management. Infrequently used modes, like document scan, are presented as plug-ins.
- Contacts Customization and sharing features added to name cards. The sharing feature allows quick sharing of contacts through Bluetooth, Facebook, and other methods. Added a scanner to the search box and lock screen, making it easier to add new contacts.
- Email Improved how unread emails are tagged in the inbox. Users can now quickly delete, star, and mark emails as read or unread from the left sliding menu.
- Settings Created a new suggested settings feature that recommends key settings based on the device’s current status. Now, your phone is more capable of adjusting to your habits. Added a newly designed drawer feature. When this feature is enabled, it hides non-system preset apps in a drawer on the home screen, presenting you with a simple and tidy layout. Added a new drawer feature for settings. For settings that take two or more steps to set up, the user can now jump directly back to the main settings page with one gesture. Emergency information added. Users can add their names, blood type, and other information, so emergency services personnel can view this information from the lock screen. Added eye comfort mode, enabling you to adjust the screen color temperature manually to lessen visual fatigue.
- This Update is only for Huawei P9 with EVA-L09 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- You need to Activate Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
EVA-L09C212B358 – iUSACell Mexico
Some Useful Tips and Tricks:
- How to Install Xposed Framework on Nougat 7.0 and 7.1
- How To Install Lineage OS 15 For Huawei P9
- Root And Install TWRP Recovery For Huawei P9
- List Of Best Custom ROM For Huawei P9
- A guide to fix Bootloop Issue Caused by an Incompatible Xposed Module
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device