Huawei started rolling a new nougat firmware update for Huawei P9 with the EVA-L09 variant in MTN, South Africa region. The update bumps the software version to EVA-L09C16B386. Follow our guide to install Huawei P9 B386 Nougat Firmware on the EVA-L09 variant. This update fixes an issue where the temperature was displayed incorrectly in watermarks in Camera and integrates Google security patches released in April 2018 for improved system security.
The update is rolling over the air and will reach every user running Stock firmware without root or mods installed. According to Huawei, then the update may take a couple of days or even weeks to receive as it is sent in a phase-wise manner. By installing this, you will enjoy the April 2018 Security Patch on Huawei P9.
Manually Check Huawei P9 B386 Nougat Firmware EVA-L09
Now you can check for the OTA manually on Huawei P9 in case if you didn’t receive the OTA. You can follow the below-given instruction on your phone to check for the official OTA update on your phone. Make sure that your device is running on Stock ROM without root or mods. If you are rooted, then you have to unroot it to receive the official OTA or else you can follow the below step by step guide to flash the EVA-L09C16B386 firmware on Huawei P9.
To check for the OTA, Go to Settings –> About Phone —> System update
This way you can check if you have any OTA update on your Huawei P9. In case if you find the Huawei P9 B386 Nougat Firmware build, then you can hit the download button to install the update on your phone.
Before installing any update, make sure you have enough battery backup with at least 50% left. To download the OTA update, your phone must be running a stable WiFi or Data connection.
Recommended: Take Full Backup of any installation or upgrade.
If you still not received the OTA then don’t worry. You can now upgrade your phone to latest build manually using the update.zip file given below. yes! This guide will help you to install Huawei P9 B386 Nougat Firmware. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device during installation. Do it at your own risk.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei P9
- Model No: EVA-L09
- Android OS: 7.0
- EMUI Version: 5.1
- Firmware: B386
- Build Number: EVA-L09C16B386
- Region: South Africa
- Carrier: MTN
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
Huawei P9 B386 Nougat Firmware Changelog:
- Fixes an issue where the temperature was displayed incorrectly in watermarks in Camera.
- Integrates Google security patches released in April 2018 for improved system security.
EVA-L09C16B386 – MTN, South Africa
Steps to Install Huawei P9 B386 Nougat Firmware
Before following the below guide on how to install firmware on Huawei P9, you need to follow certain requirements. Download the required files before flashing the firmware on your phone.
- This ROM is supported only for Huawei P9 with variant EVA-L09.
- Download the Huawei USB Drivers.
- Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method which you can follow.
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
—–> Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
—–> How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking or damage to your device
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: How to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package
Some Useful Tips and Tricks:
- Huawei P9 Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM]
- Root And Install TWRP Recovery For Huawei P9
- List Of All Best Custom ROM For Huawei P9 [Updated]
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- Download Latest Magisk zip, Magisk Manager and Root your phone
- How to Install Xposed Framework on Nougat 7.0 and 7.1
- A guide to fix Bootloop Issue Caused by an Incompatible Xposed Module
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device