Huawei started rolling a new nougat firmware update for Huawei P9 Plus with VIE-L09 variant. The update bumps the software version to VIE-L09C432B382. The software update is for Europe region. Follow our guide to install Huawei P9 Plus B382 Nougat Firmware on the VIE-L09 variant.
This update comes with latest March 2018 Security Patch along with it, The company adds a new split-screen key to WhatsApp message banners, 3D panorama mode in Camera and a recycle bin in Gallery and adds Recently deleted an album in Gallery. Also Optimizes the twin app feature and Camera performance for faster shutter response, and a smoother experience overall.
The update is rolling over the air and will reach every user running Stock firmware without root or mods installed. According to Huawei, then the update may take a couple of days or even weeks to receive as it is sent in a phase-wise manner.
Table of Contents
Manually Check Huawei P9 Plus B382 Nougat Firmware VIE-L09 [Europe]
Now you can check for the OTA manually on Huawei P9 Plus Europe region in case if you didn’t receive the OTA. You can follow the below-given instruction on your phone to check for the official OTA update on your phone. Make sure that your device is running on Stock ROM without root or mods. If you are rooted, then you have to unroot it to receive the official OTA or else you can follow the below step by step guide to flash the VIE-L09C432B382 firmware on Huawei P9 Plus.
To check for the OTA, Go to Settings –> About Phone —> System update
This way you can check if you have any OTA update on your Huawei P9 Plus. In case if you find the Huawei P9 Plus B382 Nougat Firmware build, then you can hit the download button to install the update on your phone.
Before installing any update, make sure you have enough battery backup with at least 50% left. To download the OTA update, your phone must be running a stable WiFi or Data connection.
Recommended: Take Full Backup of any installation or upgrade.
If you still not received the OTA then don’t worry. You can now upgrade your phone to latest build manually using the update.zip file given below. yes! This guide will help you to install Huawei P9 Plus B382 Nougat Firmware. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device during installation. Do it at your own risk.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei P9 Plus
- Model No: VIE-L09
- Android OS: 7.0
- EMUI Version: 5.1
- Firmware: B382
- Build Number: VIE-L09C432B382
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
Huawei P9 Plus B382 Nougat Firmware Changelog:
- Adds a new split-screen function: You can swiftly split the screen to check your WhatsApp messages by touching the split-screen key when you are watching a video.
- Adds 3D panorama in Camera: This enables you to take 3D dynamic images to show your life in more perspectives.
- Gallery now features a recycle bin that retains deleted photos for up to 30 days. Accidentally deleted photos can be restored with a single touch.
- Adds a security procedure that requires you to enter your lock screen password every three days, helping you to remember your password.
- Optimizes the twin app feature: You can log in Messenger with two accounts at the same time.
- Optimizes Camera performance for faster shutter response, and a smoother experience overall.
- Integrates Google security patches released in March 2018 for improved system security.
VIE-L09C432B382 – Europe
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
Some Useful Tips and Tricks:
- Huawei P9 Plus Stock Firmware Collections
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Huawei P9 Plus
- Download Latest Magisk zip, Magisk Manager and Root your phone
- How to Install Xposed Framework on Nougat 7.0 and 7.1
- A guide to fix Bootloop Issue Caused by an Incompatible Xposed Module
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device