The new smartwatch from Huawei, the GT 2 is receiving a fresh software update which brings global support for NFC. It pushes the version number v18.104.22.168 to the device. Along with this, the new update also improves the accuracy of the heart sensor. It resolves the issue in the resting heart rate. The Huawei Watch GT 2 Software Update also integrates quick pairing for the FreeBuds 3.
Additionally, the update brings some tweaks for the Sound Settings to notify incoming calls and other notifications. Now users can customize their watch face with OneHop. However, your Huawei smartphone should be running EMUI 10.0. After updating to the new software the future updates will be faster. Recently, the precursor Huawei Watch GT also received software update v22.214.171.124.
Huawei Watch GT 2 is a wearable released in October 2019. It is available in two variants i.e 42 and 46mm. This smartwatch has a capacitative OLED display of 1.3 inches with a pixel resolution of 454 x 454 pixels(46mm) and 390 x 390 pixels with 1.2-inches display(42mm). The Huawei Watch GT 2 offers a memory of 4 GB. It has various modern-day sensors like the Accelerometer, gyroscope, heart rate sensor, barometer, and compass. The smartwatch is powered by a Non-removable Li-Ion 455 mAh battery.
What do v126.96.36.199 update packs.?
So, let’s take a look at the official changelog.
- Added support for sleep apnea research (supporting sports health app 10.0.2.511 and heart health research app 2.0.0).
- Add style to standby dial.
- Some dials have the ability to customize.
- Optimize GPS positioning speed.
- Optimized heart rate does not show problems.
- Optimize Bluetooth headset compatibility.
- Fixes an issue with the heart rate display.
- Improves system compatibility with Bluetooth earbuds.
- Optimizes GPS tracking.
- OneHop for customizing the watch face with (Huawei device should run EMUI 10.0)
- Quick Pairing for FreeBuds 3
- Sound Settings added for incoming call and notification alerts to the user
- Optimization for Sensitivity of the wake-up feature
- Improvement of the heart rate monitor during workouts.
- Resolves display issue of resting heart rate
- Updating will be faster
How to Download the Update?
The latest update may take some time to roll into your device. Normally, airborne updates move in phases. So, everyone may not receive them right away. However, you can check for the same. Go to About > Update Software. The Watch GT 2 will perform the check. If the new update with the latest build is available, then you will be notified to download the same.
So, make sure not to miss out on the Huawei Watch GT 2 Software Update.