Huawei has been in the news for a long time in the recent past due to its ban by the U.S. Government over alleged espionage concerns. Recently Facebook has also suspended and barred Huawei from pre-installing its own range of apps including the WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram application in all of Huawei’s new phones. However, customers who already own a Huawei device will continue to use and get updates for the applications. The Huawei company is also not very highly reputed when it comes to rolling out updates for its devices.
During the recent turn of events for the company, Huawei has rolled out important updates for its smartphones and this time the Huawei Watch GT has also received a very crucial update that brings AOD (Always On Display) and improved heartbeat sensor accuracy. The updated version is v220.127.116.11 and weighs around 3.22 MB. Though this update seems to be of very low size, it does fix the issues that many users where reporting from many months.
Quick Specs Overview
The Huawei Watch GT is powered by the ARM Cortex-M4, 2010, Single-Core processor with 16MB RAM and 128 MB Storage. It packs a Li-Po, 420 mAh battery that will give you a battery life of 14 Days. The display is 1.4-inch, AMOLED, with a resolution of 454×454 pixels and a pixel density of 326 PPI. There is no camera in-built but you can use it as a shutter button for your smartphone camera and also the Huawei Watch GT runs on Proprietary OS. The weight of the watch is exactly 46gms without the strap. It does not support WiFi but comes with Bluetooth 4.2. It includes Accelerometer sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Magnetometer sensor, Optical heart rate sensor, Ambient light sensor, and Barometer sensor. This smartwatch is also 5 ATM water-resistant.
HUAWEI TruSeen™ 3.0 heart rate monitoring technology provides a more efficient and accurate real-time personal measurement of your heart rate by using a self-learning algorithm and innovative sensors. Modern GPS supports 3 Satellite Positioning Systems (GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO) worldwide to offer more accurate, faster and precise positioning.
What’s New on v18.104.22.168 ?
You can check the official Changelog below;
- Introduces a new feature that allows you to increase privacy security by blocking notifications when you’re not wearing your wearable.
- Optimizes the design of some fonts
- Improves system smoothness and stabilty
- Adds support for Hungarian.
- Let’s you share more of your workouts between your watch and the Huawei Health app, so you can get more data in the app.
- Optimizes sending notifications.
- Optimizes the sleep tracking algorithms for more accurate data.
- Optimizes swimming calculations for more accurate data.
- Optimizes the watch’s user interface.
- Increases system stability.
- Allows you to set a lock screen background and set the screen to always stay on or turn off at a scheduled time. Find these in System > Display > Advanced settings.
- Adds a new feature that will turn off the screen when it is covered.
- Improves how heart rate is measured, increasing accuracy.
- Fixes some other known issues.
- After the update has been transferred to your watch, wait a few minutes to ensure that it finishes installing.
- The animation on the watch face means your watch is configuring and installing the update.
- Make sure your watch’s battery level is higher than 20% before updating.
How to Download the Update?
The update will roll out for all the users in a few days and if you want to check whether you have received the update or not then, you can head to About>>Update Software>>. Your watch will automatically check for updates if it is available in your region.