Here you can now download and install the Huawei Y6II Compact B149 Nougat Update for the CAM-L21 variant in Russia region.
Huawei Y6II Compact started receiving a new Nougat update which brings the June 2018 security patch and regular bug fixes. The update is now available for CAM-L21 in Russia region. For this variant, the software update bumps to CAM-L21C10B149. Now you can download and install Huawei Y6II Compact B149 Nougat Firmware Update by following this guide.
The update is rolling via OTA and will reach every user in a phase-wise manner. If you didn’t receive the update, then kindly wait for a couple of days or even weeks to receive this new update on your Huawei Y6II Compact with variant CAM-L21 in Russia region. In case if you have not received this update with build number CAM-L21C10B149, then you can manually check for the OTA update.
How to Manually Check for Update on Huawei Y6II Compact
Recommended: Take Full Backup of any installation or upgrade.
- First of all, Go to Settings
- Now Tap on System –> System Update –> Check for Updates
- If you have a new update with build B149, Go to New Version –> Quick Update
- If the system shows up to date, then you can install the OTA Package manually.
If you still not received the OTA and you want to update manually using the update.zip file on your Huawei Y6II Compact, then you can follow the below guide. This guide will help you to install Huawei Y6II Compact B149 Nougat Firmware Update. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.
- Integrates Google security patches released in June 2018 for improved system security.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei Y6II Compact
- Model No: CAM-L21
- Android OS: 7.0
- EMUI Version: 5.1
- Firmware: B149
- Build Number: CAM-L21C10B149
- Region: Russia
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
CAM-L21C10B149 – Russia
Steps to Install Huawei Y6II Compact B149 Nougat Firmware
Before following the below guide on how to install firmware on Huawei Y6II Compact, you need to follow certain requirements. Download the required files before flashing the firmware on your phone.
- This ROM is supported only for Huawei Y6II Compact with variant CAM-L21.
- You need to Activate Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Download the Huawei USB Drivers.
- Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method which you can follow.
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
—–> Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
—–> How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device during installation. Do it at your own risk.
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.