OnePlus never disappoints when it comes to delivering timely software updates. We have observed, the changelog always brings stability improvements, bug fixes along with security patches. This is a good sign that the OEM really cares about the device. Normally, OnePlus has two separate branches for their software. The Chinese variants of their device run on HydrogenOS whereas the global models run on OxygenOS. Currently, the new flagship entries OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro are receiving a new HydrogenOS update. While 7T is receiving H2OS 10.0.6, the Pro variant is getting the push to 10.0.4 build.
Both the devices are following a similar changelog though they have a different build number. OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro are receiving the November 2019 security patch. The new update optimizes the speed of the applications, fixes some bugs and also improves the overall system stability for the flagship device duo.
We know OTA updates move incrementally. So, some users may not receive the software update right away as the OEM pushes it. So, we have put up the OTA file for the H2OS 10.0.6 update for OnePlus 7T. Those users who may not receive the automatic OTA update after repeated trials can use the OTA firmware we have provided and install it to step their device to the new build number. We have included a detailed installation guide for your convenience.
Here is the complete official changelog and as we mentioned this log is the same for both H2OS 10.0.6 on One Plus 7T and H2OS 10.0.4 for OnePlus 7T Pro.
Check for OTA: H20S 10.0.6/10.0.4
As it happens almost every time, some user gets left out or misses out on the latest OTA update rolled by the OEM. Instead of worrying, we will suggest to manually search for the update.
- go to device Settings > System
- Under it tap on System Updates > tap on Check for Updates.
If the H2OS 10.0.6/10.0.4 update shoiws up, then download it using W-Fi. Remember to charge your device well enough before you download/install the latest HudrogenOOS update on your OnePlus 7T/7T Pro.
How to Install the latest HydrogenOS update on OnePlus 7T/7T Pro
Basically, there are two ways by which you can manually install the OTA firmware we have provided for the latest 10.0.6 update for OnePlus 7T. The first one is a simple method that allows you to install the update by flashing the OTA via recovery. The alternative way is to ADB sideload the OTA. We have explained both methods. So, check it out. Before heading on for the installation make sure to follow the basic guidelines we have stated and grab the required tools
- The HydrogenOS is exclusively for the Chinese variants on OnePlus 7T/7T Pro. Do not install the OTA on the international or non-Chinese versions of the devices.
- A PC/Laptop
- Make sure that you have the latest USB drivers installed.
- Completely charge the battery of your device to avoid interruption during the update process.
- Take a full backup of your phone and then proceed to perform the installation.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools. (Required for ADB sideloading)
H2OS 10.0.6 | Download OTA | OnePlus 7T
H2OS 10.0.4 | Download OTA[link will be updated] | OnePlus 7T Pro
Method-1 Install via Local Upgrade
- Download the OTA zip file and move it to the internal storage on your OnePlus 6.
- Now go to Settings App > System Updates > click on Settings icon > Local Upgrade
- Select the firmware file.
- Now you will see a screen that will prompt you to upgrade your phone, Click Upgrade Now.
Method-2 ADB Sideload OTA
Here is the complete guide that will help you to ADB sideload the latest HydrogenOS updates on your OnePlus 7T/7T Pro.How to ADB Sideload OTA on OnePlus 7T/7T Pro
So, that’s was all about how to install the latest H2OS 10.0.6 for the OnePlus 7T and the H2OS 10.0.4 for the OnePlus 7T Pro. We hope that this guide was useful to you.