Well, social distancing has made many people’s lives tough. However, games are definitely a cool way of connecting with people you love. Animal Crossing: New Horizons is definitely the game that will excite you in the world of social distancing. You can virtually visit a friend’s island. The game’s primary focus is on building community. By allowing people to visit your island, you can create a new community of friends. I know these things sound fascinating. Animal Crossing: New Horizons also has a hidden metric that determines the level of your friendship with villagers.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons allows you to take steps that can help in increasing or decreasing friendship with villagers. Well, if you didn’t know about this till now, don’t worry I will instruct you on how you can increase friendship in this guide so keep reading.
[lwptoc min=”3″ numeration=”decimalnested”]
Friendship Levels In Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Before talking about how to increase friendship, let us talk about the different levels of friendship in Animal Crossing. The friendship levels are nothing but how your villagers can interact with you. In the game, the creators base the friendship on points. Let’s look at the levels of friendship and what can you do on each one.
Level 1 (0-25 points): This is the first one where you and villagers are on the same level with 25 points. Talking to them will take you on the next level.
Level 2 (30-59 points): At this point, you can receive gifts from your villagers. You can also send them a gift every day, and if they send one in return, then it will boost your friendship.
Level 3 (60-99 points): Villagers, at this point, will gain the ability to sell items to you. All the previous abilities will remain intact.
Level 4 (100-149 points): This level allows you to change your villager’s catchphrase with previous abilities remaining the same.
Level 5 (150-199 points): This is the Best Friends level in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Villagers can give you framed pictures as a gift. Even you exchange greetings at this level.
Level 6 (200-255 points): This is the peak level of friendship in the game. Now, you have the ability to trade furniture items with villagers.
How To Increase Friendship Points?
Now you know everything about friendship points, but how can you increase them? Well, that’s simple. Here’s a breakdown of tasks with the points you earn from each.
- Talking to a villager every day will give you 1 point.
- If you sell an item during the conversation, then again you get 1 point.
- If you help in catching the villager’s flee, then you get +5 points.
Gifting is a major way to increase friendship points. However, the points depend on the items you gift. Keep reading to know the points for different gift items.
- If you gift flowers, fish, tools, music, umbrellas, or clothing, then you will add 2 friendship points.
- In the case of gifting a furniture item, you add 3 friendship points.
- If you gift non-preferred clothing or other items, then you get 1 point.
- Wrapping the gifts will give you a bonus point.
Quests are also a healthy way of earning points. If you complete a quest by a villager, then you can earn a maximum of 3 points.
Following things like gifting and greeting villagers on a regular basis are the best ways to increase friendship in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. So what are you waiting for? Do the mentioned things and become Best Friends with villagers and other people in ACNH. For more exciting guides, keep reading!
- How to Protect Yourself from Scams in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- How to Check All Collected Fossils in Animal Crossing New Horizons
- How to get a TV in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Glitch Lets Players Walk in the Sea and on Rooftops
- How to Make a Rock Garden in Animal Crossing New Horizons