Good News for all Redmi 3 and Pro users. Now you can enjoy the latest Android 7.0 Nougat release on your Redmi 3 and Pro. This is a Custom ROM CM14 based on Android 7.0 Nougat. The ROM is pretty stable to use as a daily driver. Now Download the Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 For Redmi 3 and Pro. Remember, this is a beta build of a development of CM14 aka Cyanogenmod 14 for Redmi 3 and Redmi 3 Pro. So download and try it for yourself on your smartphone using TWRP Recovery. This build is still under development stage.
This is a Cyanogenmod 14 ROM built by an XDA Senior member Anik_khan in XDA forum. Remember this is an early build of CM14 for Redmi 3 and Pro. From few days, we started sharing Cyanogenmod 14 for some of the devices such as OnePlus X, OnePlus 3, Vernee Thor, etc. As per our number, OnePlus 3 is the first device to receive the unofficial love of CM14 and now we are also sharing CyanogeMod 14 for Redmi 3 and Pro. So Download the CM14 for Redmi 3 and Pro today and follow the full guide on How to Install Cyanogenmod 14 aka CM14 for Redmi 3 and Pro.
This is an early build of CyanogenMod 14 Android 7.0 Nougat built from the newly released Google Android Source Code by XDA Senior member Anik_khan. This is not stable enough to use it has a daily driver. here are few bugs which will be taken care of soon, But right now you can enjoy the Beta build of Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 for Redmi 3 and Pro.If you want to try this ROM, then please download and follow the guide on How To Install Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 For Redmi 3 and Redmi 3 Pro. By using TWRP Recovery, you can install the CM14 For Redmi 3 and Pro. Follow the steps below.
What is CyanogenMod 14 ?
CyanogenMod 14 aka CM14 is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. CyanogenMod is one of the best featured Android Custom ROM Available for most of the Android Smartphone. CM14 is built by the community of developer. it is a free and open source software based on the official releases of Android by Google, with added original and third-party code. It is based on a rolling-release development model. CM14 has a lot of features such as Cyanogenmod Launcher, Themes, Notifications, Lock screen, Buttons, System Profiles, Status Bar, Privacy, etc. Below are the list of devices getting Cyanogenmod 14 Android Nougat aka CM14.
What is in Android 7.0 Nougat ?
Android 7.0 Nougat was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It was unveiled on Google I/O 2016. This is the seventh major version of the Android operating system. Google first released Android 7.0 Nougat has a beta build on March 9, 2016, and it was officially released on August 22, 2016. This has a huge incremental and feature on this new update. Android Nougat comes with features such as Quick Switching between recent apps, Split Screen Mode, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
What’s working :
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Fingerprint (FPC1020 only)
- Video Playback
What’s not working :
- You tell me!
- This will work on Redmi 3 and Pro only, Don’t Try this in Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Steps for How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 For Redmi 3 and Pro
- First of all, you need to boot into Recovery – Turn your phone off ->Hold Volume Down and Power button simultaneously for few seconds -> You will see the recovery.
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the CM14 aka Cyanogenmod 14
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- Now follow the same steps from Step one to install Kernel and Gapps
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install Android 7.0 Nougat for Redmi 3 and Pro Successfully.