Last updated on January 30th, 2017 at 07:40 pm
Today i will guide on How to Install Custom AOSP 6.0 Marshmallow for Lenovo A7000. As we already received the official Stock marshmallow ROM for Lenovo A7000. This is one of the latest CUSTOM ROM which you can download for your Lenovo A7000 to enjoy Pure Android Experience just like Nexus Phone. AOSP Stands for Android Open Source project, here a developer as ported the Android AOSP Marshmallow ROM for Lenovo A7000.
What is in Android 6.0 Marshmallow ?
Android 6.0 Marshmallow was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 5.0 Lollipop. It was unveiled on Google I/O 2015. This is the 6th major version of the Android operating system. This has a huge incremental and feature on this latest Marshmallow OS update. IT brings you a feature which saves a lot of battery on your phone called Doze mode. This feature will keep your phone idle while you don’t use the phone. Marshmallow primarily focuses on improving the overall user experience of Lollipop, and introduced unique features like Now On Tap, new permissions architecture, a new power management system, Native Fingerprint support, and other internal changes.
PRE-REQUISITE TO INSTALL AOSP 6.0 MARSHMALLOW FOR LENOVO A7000
- This will work on Xolo Play 8X1100 Device, Don’t Try this in Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Steps for How to Install AOSP 6.0 Marshmallow For Lenovo A7000
[button color=”red” size=”22px” type=”square” target=”blank” link=”https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0m8ynQoAlQzMnBzYno3YnRscDQ/view”]DOWNLOAD ROM[/button] [button color=”red” size=”22px” type=”square” target=”blank” link=”opengapps.org”]DOWNLOAD GAPPS[/button]
- First of all, Move the Downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root of your internal storage.
- First of all, you need to boot into Recovery -> First Switch off your phone -> Press the Recovery Key combination Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously -> You will see the recovery option (In Some Brand, Volume Up and Power button)
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage.
- Swipe to WIPE.
- Now Click the Install Button to install the AOSP Custom ROM.
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory).
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have AOSP 6.0 Marshmallow For Lenovo A7000
Steps for How to Root Lenovo A7000 Using TWRP
Here is the step for how to root Lenovo A7000, This step is simple as you installed the Custom ROM.
- Download the SuperSU zip and Place it on the root of your internal memory.
- Now Boot into Recovery.
- Now Click the Install Button and Browse and Select the SuperSu Zip File
- Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.