Good News for Sony Xperia XZ F8331 users. Now you can enjoy AOSP ROM on Sony Xperia XZ based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. This is a stable AOSP ROM and can be used as a daily drive. Download and install AOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Xperia XZ. You can follow the below guide to install official Android Open Source Code project developed by an XDA recognized developer fastbooking on XDA Forum.
Table of Contents
Install AOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Xperia XZ
If you dunno what is AOSP, then let us make you understand. AOSP stands for Android Open Source Code Project which means Android Operating system aka Android OS is a Open source where anyone can download it for free and can alter, build using the AOSP. Here AOSP is a Custom ROM developed under the source code, you can experience the Pure Android just like the OS found in Google Pixel and Nexus smartphone.
So today i will guide on How to Install AOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat for Xperia XZ. This is a Custom ROM built for Xperia XZ. This is so far a stable version of Android Nougat for Xperia XZ. Download and install AOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Xperia XZ F8331 .
What is in Android 7.1.2 Nougat ?
Android 7.1.2 Nougat was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It was unveiled on Google I/O 2016. This is the seventh major version of the Android operating system. Google first released Android 7.0 Nougat has a beta build on March 9, 2016 and it was officially released on August 22, 2016. This has a huge incremental and feature on this new update.
Android Nougat comes with features such as Quick Switching between recent apps, Split Screen Mode, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
What’s Working And What’s Not
Everything Works perfectly fine. (just few to reboots needed to let the system settle)
- This will work on Xperia XZ F8331 Device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Xperia XZ
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
ALSO RELATED POST :
- Install 41.2.A.0.235 May Security Patch FTF Update for Xperia XZ (Nougat)
- Install 41.2.A.2.199 Android 7.1.1 Nougat FTF Update On Xperia XZ
- 39.2.A.0.442 Nougat Update On Xperia XZ
CLICK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD FILES
Steps for How to Install AOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Xperia XZ
- First of all, you need to Boot into Recovery -> First Switch off your phone -> Press the Recovery Key combination Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously -> You will see the recovery option (In Some Brand, Volume Up and Power button)
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the AOSP ANDROID 7.1.2 Nougat
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom rom zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- For Google Gapps install the Google Gapps Zip using the same process
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Xperia XZ Successfully.
SOURCE : Link