If you have Honor 8 then this is the perfect guide for you : How to Install CM 14.1 On Honor 8 (Android 7.1 Nougat). This is an unofficial update available but you will be able to get Android 7.1 based CM 14.1 experience. We also posted about other Custom roms and Stock roms such as AOSP Custom ROM, Stock Marshmallow Rom,Android Nougat,etc.
Now you will be able to enjoy Android 7.1 Nougat on your Honor 8. This is an unofficial ROM by XDA developer surdu_petru . This CM 14.1 a.k.a CyanogenMod 14.1 based on Android 7.1 Nougat so you are good to go with the latest version of android released till today. You can install this on your Honor from custom recovery (TWRP).
Table of Contents
CyanogenMod 14.1 / LineAge OS 14.1
CyanogenMod 14.1 aka CM14.1 now also know as LineAge OS is based on Android 7.1 Nougat. This is one of the best featured Android Custom ROM Available for most of the Android Smartphone. CM14.1 is built by the community of developer. it is a free and open source software based on the official releases of Android by Google, with added original and third-party code. It is based on a rolling-release development model. CM14.1 has a lot of features such as Cyanogenmod Launcher, Themes, Notifications, Lock screen, Buttons, System Profiles, Status Bar, Privacy, etc. Below are the list of devices getting Cyanogenmod 14 Android Nougat aka CM14.1.
- This will work on Honor 8, Don’t Try this in Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
How to Install CM 14.1 On Honor 8 (Android 7.1 Nougat)
- First of all, Download the CM14.1 and GAPPS file from the below-given link.
- If you have downloaded the zip file in your computer, then connect your device to computer using USB cable.
- Now move the downloaded CM14.1 and Gapps zip to the root of internal memory of your smartphone.
- After transferring the zip file, Now turn your phone off. Reboot to recovery by pressing the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously. (You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.)
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage .
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the CM14.1 aka Cyanogenmod 14.1 zip file.
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot as a result you will have installed CM14.1 On Honorn 8 (Android 71. Nougat).
- Now follow the same steps from Step one to install Gapps.
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. Seems like you have Installed CM 14.1 On Honor 8 (Android 7.1 Nougat).
Was this article about – How to Install CM 14.1 On Honor 8 (Android 7.1 Nougat) helpful for you? Hence, why not comment down below ?