- 1 How To Install Custom ROM Recovery and Root ZTE T815/Telstra Tempo T815
How To Install Custom ROM Recovery and Root ZTE T815/Telstra Tempo T815
Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROM's have risks and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this, you will loose the warranty and sometime if you dont read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So be careful
What you need:
- You need a Laptop or PC is must
- Download USB VCOM Driver - CLICK HERE for Win 7 / For Win 8 : CLICK HERE
- Download SuperSu.zip : CLICK HERE
- You must Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Download SP Flash Tool : CLICK HERE
- Download Scatter and Recovery img : CLICK HERE
Steps for How To Install Custom ROM Recovery and Root ZTE T815/Telstra Tempo T815
- First of all enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enable”
- Now in your Settings-> Open developer option and enable USB Debugging option
- Extract the SP Flash Tool Zip on your computer
- Download the Supersu zip and place it on the root memory of your phone.
- Now Extract the MT6572_Android_scatter.txt and Recovery image zip and Move them into SP Flash Tool Folder
- Now Open the “flash_tool.exe” and run has administrator
- In your flashtool, Click on “scatter loading” and select the text “MT6572_Android_scatter.txt” . (Shown in the image below with Number 5)
- Now unselect all and select only recovery (tick) just like the image shown.
- Now Click download button (shown in the image as a number 6)
- Switch of your phone and remove the battery and connect your phone to pc via usb cable(Battery should be still out) If everything is okay, then you will see a pop up with green tick. Success! Your phone now has PhilZ Touch Recovery installed.
- Now you can turn off and insert your battery.
Steps To How To Install Root ZTE T815/Telstra Tempo T815
- First of all download the supersu zip : Click here and move the file to your SD Card, if you have already did, then go to third step.
- Turn your phone off, Now press Power and Volume Up button simultaneously until you see a recovery screen.
- You will see the Custom PhilZ Touch Recovery Screen
- Now select the install button
- Now Browse and Select The SuperSU.zip that you downloaded
- When it is done ! Reboot your phone ! hoooo! you have root and custom recovery now.
- To verify, Go to Google Play and download the Root Checker app to check the root status. If root checker app says root access available then Enjoy you have rooted your phone
How To Install Custom ROM on ZTE T815/Telstra Tempo T815
- BACKUP BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE - If this ROM isn't for you then this is your fallback position.
- You must be rooted.
- You must have a custom recovery installed
- You must have experience flashing but if not, feel free to ask questions before flashing.
- Patience as the ROM takes a while to boot
Steps for How to Install CUSTOM ROM on ZTE T815:
- Download the PussyFap V3 Kitkat Custom Rom : Click here or Download PURE LG G3 ROM - Click here
- Move the file to root of your SD card
- Boot into recovery, go to "Wipe and Format Options", use "Clean to Install a New ROM" and let finish then back to main menu.
- Now select the install button
- Now Browse and Select "choose zip from /storage/sdcard1 (second option from top) and Navigate to the zip file and install.
- When it is done ! Go back to "Wipe and Format Options"and wipe Cache and wipe Dalvik/ART Cache.
- Again Go back to main menu and hit "Reboot System Now". Enjoy exploring this custom ROM.
Note: Google Play Store is an older version but it will update to the latest version once you have signed in and have an active internet connection