This Guide is about How to Install CyanogenMod 12.1 on Samsung Galaxy J5 2015. Today I found a thread on XDA forum by a senior member Nick Verse. He has ported the Cyanogenmod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy J5 2015 for all the variants with J500FN, J500F, J5007, J500G, J500M and J500Y. CM 12.1 ROM for Samsung Galaxy J5 2015 is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop OS. Cyanogenmod is one of the best featured Android Custom ROM Available for most of the Android Smartphone. Today i will guide you on how to install CM12.1 ROM for Samsung Galaxy J5 2015. This is not an official CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy J5 2015. This is an Unofficial build of CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy J5 2015. You can download the Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy J5 2015. Here is our full guide on how to download and install CyanogenMod 12.1 on Samsung Galaxy J5 2015 with a simple and easy method. To Install Cm12.1 on Samsung Galaxy J5 2015, your phone must have a TWRP Recovery or any Custom Recovery.
CyanogenMod is a custom ROM built by the community of developer. it is a free and open source software based on the official releases of Android by Google, with added original and third-party code. It is based on a rolling-release development model. CM12.1 has a lot of features such as Cyanogenmod Launcher, Themes, Notifications, Lock screen, Buttons, System Profiles, Status Bar, Privacy, etc. Below is the Guide for How to Install CM12 ROM for Samsung Galaxy J5 2015
PREREQUISITE TO INSTALL CM12.1 ROM ON Samsung Galaxy J5 2015
- This is a guide for How to Install CyanogenMod 12.1 on Samsung Galaxy J5 2015, Dont Try this in Any other device
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery
- Make sure the device is rooted (Bootloader unlocked) before going forward.
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory
DOWNLOAD THE ROM :
Steps for How to Install CyanogenMod 12.1 on Samsung Galaxy J5 2015
- First of all, you need to boot into Recovery – Turn your phone off -> Now Hold Home Button, Volume UP and Power button simultaneously -> You will see the recovery
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the Cyanogenmod 12
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- For Google Gapps install the Google Gapps Zip using the same process
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install CM12.1 ROM by following the guide on How to Install CyanogenMod 12.1 on Samsung Galaxy J5 2015
Steps for How to Root Samsung Galaxy J5 2015
Here is the step for how to root Samsung Galaxy J5 2015, This step is simple as you installed the Custom ROM.
- Download the SUperSU zip and Place it on the root of your internal memory
- Now Boot into Recovery
- Now Click the Install Button and Browse and Select the SuperSu Zip File
- Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.