When we talk about customization, Android OS is the first thought that comes to everyone’s mind. The customization levels provided by Android OS occupies the top spot on the list. The freedom of customization Android provides ranges from the SystemUI for locking screen and RRO layers. But one common thing when it comes to customization is that most of the customization requires root access.
If the user doesn’t have root, he probably doesn’t have much freedom of choice. This means that the Android user will only be able to change wallpapers or use third party launchers and apps to expand their customization range. This leads to significant performance drops and low battery life for some devices.
The same thing happens when you are trying to change fonts. Do you like the default font that comes with Android? Well, not many people adore it. The concerned user might want to change it according to their own taste and preferences. This raises the question that if you do not have root access, how will you even accomplish that?
If this is the issue you are facing then you are in luck today. Users have the option to change their fonts without root if they are running EMUI 4.X. One drawback, this is for Huawei users only.
As EMUI 5.0 users must have noticed that the Font Style option is missing under the Display option. This tutorial will tell you how to get it back.
How to Enable Font Style Option on EMUI 5
- Firstly, make sure that USB debugging is enabled under the developer options.
- Make sure to install the System-Wide ADB drivers. You can even use HiSuite drivers.
- Connect your concerned Huawei device to your PC.
- Hold Shift + Right Click» Open the command window.
- Type ADB devices and hit enter. You will be prompted to accept the RSA key on your phone in case you are doing this for the first time.
- Next, type the following command:
ADB shell settings put system hw_hide_font_style false
- Hit the Enter key.
- The final step is to reboot your device.
That’s it! Check if you can see the Font Style option under the Display menu.
How to Change Fonts on EMUI 4.X
- You can download your desired font from this link.
- Open the folder where you downloaded the font.
- Click on View» Options» Change folder and search options. This is for Windows users only.
- Under the View tab, uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.
- Once unchecked, click on Apply and click OK.
- Next, right click on the [zip] file and select Rename.
- Hover the arrow to the extension part and rename [zip] to [hwt]. Please make sure not to alter the . in between. Otherwise, you will be facing unknown errors later.
- Hit the enter key. You will be prompted with a pop-up, select Yes to apply the changes.
- Connect your Huawei device to PC.
- Copy the [hwt] file to the hwthemes folder in your device’s Internal Storage or SD Card.
- Navigate to the themes app or just go to Settings» Display.
- Select the Font Style option and apply your desired font.
You are done! Enjoy the font of your choice!
Where to download Custom Fonts for Huawei Devices
You can use the links provided below to download custom fonts for Huawei Devices:
- EMUI Default Font: Download
- Bethany: Download
- Chococooky: Download
- iPhoneLight: Download
- ProductSans: Download
- ComicSanse: Download
- Marshmallow: Download
- Rosemary: Download
- BlackJack: Download
- CavairDreams: Download
- Dancing Scripts: Download
- GrandHotel: Download
- Helvetica Neue Light: Download
- Husser: Download
- RabioHead: Download
- San Francisco (SF FONT iOS9): Download
- SF Cartoonist: Download
- Lato: Download
- Ubuntu Regular: Download
- Ubuntu Light: Download
- Roboto Regular: Download
- Roboto Condensed: Download
- Abel: Download
- Cool Jazz: Download
- Josefin Sans: Download
- MonsterRat: Download
- Open Sans Condensed Bold: Download
- Open Sans Condensed Light: Download
- Raleway: Download
- Antonio: Download
- Angry Birds: Download
- MIUI 8: Download
- Sony Sketch: Download
- Stonage: Download
- Cocon: Download
- Klavika: Download
- RattleScript BoldCaps: Download
- Slato Pro (Blackberry): Download
- Sulus: Download
- Bow House: Download
- Calibri: Download
- Comfortaa: Download
- Rix Squirrel: Download
- Fashion Fetish: Download
- Hello Pipi: Download
- Hello Pool Needle: Download
- Nato (Google Pixel): Download
- Cocon Light: Download
- Dudu Calligraphy: Download
- EMUI 5: Download
- Hacen Liner XL: Download
- HyTravel: Download
- Corporate Rounded: Download
- Insomnia: Download
- Samsung Sans: Download
- Waltography: Download
- Angeline: Download
- Glegoo: Download
- LifeSaver: Download
- Kalam: Download