This Guide is about How to Install FreedomOS 1.3 On OnePlus 5. If you dunno what is freedom Os, Please read this. OnePlus 5 was launched with a whopping 6GB of RAM. It was made a sensational news with the launch of OnePlus 5 with LoopVR headset. OnePlus 5 runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat wrapped under the company’s own skin called OxygenOS.
OnePlus 5 sports 5.5-inch Optic AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor clubbed with either 6GB or 8GB RAM and comes with onboard storage of 64/128 GB. No microSD card support. OnePlus 5 comes with Dual 16 MP, f/1.7, 24mm, EIS (gyro) + 20 MP, f/2.6 at the rear with an aperture and comes with OIS, 1.6x optical zoom, phase detection autofocus, and LED flash, it also has 16 MP at the front for selfie shoot. The smartphone will come out of the box with Android 7.1.1 Nougat wrapped under Oxygen OS. OnePlus 5 supports dual sim and has Type-C 1.0 reversible connector. Other connectivity options are Wi-Fi, 4G, 3G, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, Fingerprint (front) and GPS.
Just like stock Android, OxygenOS makes Pure Android Experience with powerful enhancements. It comes with features such as On-Screen gestures, Button Customizations, Custom Icon Support with the Oxygen Launcher, App permission features, Maxx Audio, dark mode, manual camera mode, Swift key, and more. But if you are looking little more customization options, with the same overall experience as OxygenOS, then you’ll want to stick around to check out FreedomOS for OnePlus 5.
FreedomOS is a new OS and it is a modified version of OxygenOS which includes little more customization and features. FreedomOS for OnePlus 5 comes with Viper4Android, RRO Layer(Theming Android), Options to Install/Uninstall both Google and System Apps, DPI Changer, Root with SuperSU app, Adaway, Dashcharge and more. Today i will guide on How to install FreedomOS 1.3 On OnePlus 5. So please read the steps below carefully on How to install FreedomOS 1.3 On OnePlus 5. This is a Custom ROM for OnePlus 5 with a lot of cool customization.
FreedomOs for OnePlus 5 is developed by NevaX1 from XDA.
LATEST Version updated to v1.3 which brings updates :
- UPDATE: Magisk BETA v13.0(c4377ed)
– [Fix] Fix a bug in cache mount
– [Fix] Tons of small adjustments
– [MagiskBoot] Moved boot patch logic into magiskboot binary
– [MagiskHide] MagiskHide is now enabled by default
– [MagiskHide] Update unmount policies
– [MagiskHide] Add more props for hiding
– [General] Add addon.d survival support
– [General] Add more image commands in magisk binary
– [General] Updated scripts to use magisk native commands to increase compatibility
- UPDATE: ARISE Magnum Opus 20170703
– Fixed viper laggy navbar and themed icon to match the theme better
– new look for ViPER4Arise!
REVERT: FIX: Required directory for magisk (minor)
NOTE: In order to pass SafetyNet, you need to disable and re-enable Magisk Hide
[button color=”red” size=”22px” type=”square” target=”blank” link=”http://nevax.one/files/”]DOWNLOAD ROM[/button]
Steps for How to install FreedomOS 1.3 On OnePlus 5
- To install a Custom ROM on OnePlus 5, you must have a Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM. if you don’t, then please click this link for How to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5
- Download the FreedomOS and Move the Zip file to root of your memory card
- Turn off your phone. Boot into Recovery by Pressing Volume Down + power. Your phone should boot into recovery mode.
- First of all, you need to wipe your phone (Not internal memory)
- Now Click the Install Button and Browse and Select the Freedom OS Zip File
- Swipe to confirm the installation
- Now your Installation will be processed with AROMA INSTALLER
- Follow the guide and setup.
- After Installing, Reboot phone, and Enjoy the New FreedomOs for OnePlus 5.