Updated on April 25, 2017 : Added the download link for the latest Sprint Galaxy S6 Nougat Update with build number G920PVPU4DQC7 .
Sprint has promised the update of Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge Plus and Note 5 to get Nougat in the first half of 2017. Now the company has started to fullfil the promise. As promised, After releasing Android Nougat for Sprint Note 5, Sprint Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, Today Sprint has started rolling out the latest Stock Android Nougat G920PVPU4DQC7 update on Sprint Galaxy S6. The update has started rolled out for few users in US which comes with build number G920PVPU4DQC7 based on Android 7.0 Nougat. The new Stock Android Nougat weighs about 1.1GB which comes with all Android Nougat features.
If you didn’t receive any update of Android 7.0 Nougat for Sprint Galaxy S6, then you can upgrade your Galaxy S6 manually to Android 7.0 Nougat with build number G920PVPU4DQC7. Follow the guide below on How to manually install Stock Android Nougat G920PVPU4DQC7 update on Sprint Galaxy S6.
This guide is to install Android Nougat G920PVPU4DQC7 update on Sprint Galaxy S6 . After Verizon and Samsung, Sprint has rolled out the Android 7.0 update for Sprint Galaxy S6. The Sprint Galaxy S6 which was released June 2016 came out of box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Now they received the most certainly the major Android update called Android Nougat.
In case if you don’t want to update via ODIN, then If you are Still waiting for the update and you not yet received any notification, then follow the simple step below to see if you have received the update.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 7.0 Nougat. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Sprint Galaxy S6 to Android Nougat manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to Update Sprint Galaxy S6 to Nougat.
The update has a file size of 1.1GB that brings Android 7.0 to Sprint Galaxy S6 G920P.
Yes, today i will guide you on How to Update Nougat for Sprint Galaxy S6 G920P. To Update Sprint Galaxy S6 G920P to Nougat, then please follow the steps carefully. Remember this is a Sprint Galaxy S6 Official Stock Nougat Firmware. So you should be on a stock firmware before proceeding.
What’s in Android 7.0 Nougat and features ?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.0 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.0 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty sPhonele and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.0 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- Remember : This guide is to Install Stock Android Nougat G920PVPU4DQC7 update on Sprint Galaxy S6 G920P.
- Your device must have 70% Of battery
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data)
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED :
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software : CLICK HERE or
- Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
Steps For How To Install Stock Android Nougat G920PVPU4DQC7 update on Sprint Galaxy S6 G920P.
- If you have downloaded and installed the file from above then you are good to Go – Read from Step 2
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called ODIN v3.11.1 exe file using the Administrator – Right Click your mouse and Open using Administrator
- Now Reboot your Phone into Download Mode
- So First Turn your Phone off -> press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons Until you see a download mode.
- Now Connect your Phone to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin
- Now Go back again Odin and Add the firmware which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button
- Now Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see (Let the Auto Reboot and F-Reset Time be ticked)
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes until you see a message pass. Once you see PASS then you can remove your Phone from the part. Don’t Panic if you see your Phone restarts while updating.
That’s ALL! When you restart your Phone , You will have a whole new experience with the update of Sprint Galaxy S6 to G920PVPU4DQC7 update. Enjoy! We have Given the Full guide on How to Update Android Nougat on Sprint Galaxy S6 G920P.