Today Android and iOS are two of the major smartphone OS that caters to millions of people. Both the operating systems have their fair share of the user base. Recently, as we all know Apple unveiled the new iOS 12 for its various devices. iOS 12 packs exciting new features such as new Memoji, Screen time, Group FaceTime etc. You can check in the next section for more features. Now, Apple is rolling the iOS 12 public beta to all the users of the devices that support the new OS update. In this post, we will show you how to install iOS 12 public beta on your iPhone and other Apple devices.
You have to sign up on the Apple Beta Program and register your respective device. Then you will receive the official OTA for iOS 12. We have put up the entire process below that will help you install iOS 12 public beta on your Apple iPhone or any other Apple device.
What are The Features of iOS 12
Here are some of the most hyped features of the latest iOS 12.
- Instant Tuning feature in notifications that enables the users to set specific apps to display notifications silently. For those Apps, users won’t hear any alarm or vibration.
- Carplay gets the support of third-party navigation Apps.
- Support for new AR based features.
- iOS 12 enables third-party Apps to add shortcuts to Siri.
- An all-new Screen-time feature that will make the user aware of his use of iPhone in a week.
- Users can set time limits for Apps which they will be using to enable efficient usage.
- New Group FaceTime brings support for 32 chat participants one at a time.
- New features for Animoji and introduction of Memoji. Memoji enables the user to create animojis that look like themselves and replicates their action.
List of Apple devices that support iOS 12
Here is also a complete list of Apple devices that will receive the iOS 12.
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8/iPhone 8 Plus
- Apple iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6/iPhone 6s/iPhone 6s Plus/iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 1st and 2nd generation
- iPhone 5s
- 9.7inch/10.5-inch iPad Pro
- iPad Air/iPad Air 2
- iPad 5th generation
- iPod touch 6th generation
- iPad mini 2/3/4
You May Also Like
How To Install iOS 12 Public Beta on Supported Apple Device
Here we are outlining the exact steps that you have to follow to get the iOS 12 for your smartphone. Before signing up to be a beta user, you have to remember a few guidelines.
- Take a complete backup of your iOS device via iTunes.
- The public beta may be having bugs. So, when you sign-up as a beta user get ready to face unexpected bugs.
Steps to Install iOS 12 Public Beta
Step-1 Open your respective Apple device > Go to Apple’s Public Beta Program Official Page.
Step-2 Next you have to enroll your device. To do it download the Apple Beta Profile.
Step-3 On your device go to Settings > General > Software update > Check for iOS 12 Beta download option.
Step-4 Tap on the Download and Install button.
Step-5 Then the iOS 12 beta will take a while to download. Your device will reboot after the download.
Congrats, now you are successfully running the latest iOS 12 on your Apple device.
So, that’s all you have to do. If you are interested to be a beta tester and experience the awesome new iOS 12 then go for it. Follow the steps, install and enjoy.