With the new year comes the latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.4 for all the Xiaomi devices. It brings a lot of new features to the table. also, it resolves some of the bugs from the previous version. The new features include shortcut for cleaner, autofill address bar, Favorite tab to add photos to the gallery. Apart from this, the home screen freezing issue has been duly resolved now. You can find more of the features and bug fixes in details in the changelog section. Only a few days ago, the MIUI Global Beta ROM 7.12.28 Was Released.
MIUI 9 is the latest native custom skin from Xiaomi running on the current versions of Android OS. It brings efficient and versatile features like photo editor, fast app loading, Mi Drop file transfer etc. Other supporting feature includes App shortcut, split screen, theme packs etc. The latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.4 will gradually roll out over-the-air(OTA) for various devices. Along with that, we have put up the download links for the Recovery files and fastboot ROM for all those Xiaomi devices that will receive MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.4. We have also put forth the tutorial and required tools to install the latest MIUI 9 Beta ROM.
Download MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.4 for Xiaomi devices
Here are the links to download the MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.4 fastboot ROM and Recovery files for various Xiaomi devices.
- Mi 5 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi Max 32GB | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi 3 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi 3/Mi 4 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi 3S | Fastboot | Recovery
- Qualcomm Redmi Note 3 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Special Edition Redmi Note 3 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi Note 2 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi Max 64GB/128GB | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi Note 4 MTK | Fastboot | Recovery
- Qualcomm Redmi Note 4 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi Note 2 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi 4X | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi 5s Plus | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi Note 5A | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi Y1 | Fastboot | Recovery
Here is the full changelog from the official source that mentions the new features and the bug fixes accompanying the latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.4.
- New home screen shortcut for Cleaner
- Browser has new address bar autofill feature
- Users can add home screen shortcuts in Android O
- It fixes the issue of SMS interface left aligning due to device language set to Hebrew
- Fixes the “Move” option displaying as “Copy” in Explorer
- Resolves the home screen freezing and slowing down
- Solves the non-response issue of system launcher
- Fixes screen buttons overlapping with the keyboard during quick replies in the Notification shade
- Resolves the UI adjustments for RTL languages in Messaging
How To Install MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.4 On Xiaomi Devices
You can flash the latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.4 using the Mi Flash Tool. But before moving ahead with the installation, carefully follow the points stated below.
- Make sure your device has full battery charge to avoid interruption during flashing.
- Take a full backup of your device data before updating to latest ROM.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible if any damage occurs to your phone during installing these ROMs.
Now let’s move on to the steps of flashing the latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.4.
Install The Latest MIUI 9 Beta ROM 8.1.4 Using mi Flash Tool
Step-1 Download Latest MIUI flash Tool.
Step-2 Turn off your device.
Step-3 Long press the Volume key+Power button to enter your phone into Fastboot mode.
Step-4 Connect your smartphone to the PC using a USB cable.
Step-5 Extract the files on the downloaded ROM file.
Step-6 Open the folder where the extracted files of the ROM zip file and copy its path on the computer.
Step-7 Now Open Mi flash Tool.
Step-8 Paste into the address bar the extracted ROM folder path copied in the previous step.
Step-9 Click on the Refresh button so that Mi Flash will automatically recognize the device.
Step-10 Now, click the Flash button to flash the ROM file. Wait for some time as the process finishes.
Lastly your device will reboot automatically with the new OS.
Below is a screenshot of the Mi flash Tool performing the flashing. You can see it as a reference.
So, now that you have the download links and the tutorial what are you waiting for..?! Go and flash the new MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.4 on your Xiaomi devices and enjoy. If you have any queries do let us know in the comment below.
Follow GetDroidTips for all latest MIUI firmware updates and downloads for Xiaomi smartphones.