The latest Substratum Theme Engine v930 is now available for download. It is now updated with a new theme compiler basing on the latest version of Android Oreo. There is new multi-column grid that saves effort on endless scrolling for themes. This column can be set by the user. The revamped Substratum Theme Engine v930 was being anticipated around a month. Now the theme manager also comes with recovery screen to edit or remove your active themes. We have mentioned all the changes in detail in the changelog below.
Substratum theme engine is an active theming solution for AOSP-based custom ROM, LineageOS, as well as stock Android. It requires the device to have superuser access. In lay man’s term, the phone should have root access to use the theme engine. A smartphone must be running on Android 7.0 Nougat or higher to be able to support Substratum. It gives the access to theme independent apps and elements on your phone. Also, if the device is on latest Android Oreo OS, then there is absolutely no need for root access. The non-root devices will have to install an add-on called Andromeda.
We have put the direct download link below for the users to grab the Substratum Theme Engine v930 from Google Play store. There is also a tutorial below for the same to install and apply the themes according to requirements.
Changelog: Substratum Theme Engine v930
Here is the complete illustrative changelog of the latest Substratum Theme Engine v930. It showcases a lot of important changes to the user-interface of the theme manager.
- Tap on the Version number to directly go to the GitHub Page or you can also change back to the older UI.
- The user can set the columns for displaying the Substratum themes installed on the device.
- Due to the above feature scrolling around for themes is less . You can search by alphabet for your required theme.
- The Toggle Overlays feature now has become more compact with the latest version of Substratum.
- The recovery screen wipes the installed overlays and starts from scratch. A user can choose to wipe the theme, or just the boot animation, wallpaper etc.
- The default theme compiler was changed to AOPT (Android Overlay Packaging Tool). It is built from Oreo sources, enabling it to compile more API-level specific resources such as the downloadable fonts API.
- It uses an exposed, theme-ready font, available in the res/fonts folder.
- A user can close the theme after launching it, by swiping it down.
- Latest template support added new props and removed certain Samsung related manifest values. It will allow Samsung users to use the themes without getting reject notifications.
- Samsung/LG themers can now theme fwk/common overlays.
- The new version brings the fix for bugs and crashes.
Download Latest Substratum Theme Engine v930
The latest version of Substratum is available at the play store. Below is the link to the same.
- Substratum Theme Engine v930 | Download APK
You may Also like,
So, those of our readers are fond of custom theme designs for their smartphones, do try out the revamped Substratum Theme Engine v930. It is the one-stop solution for all custom theme packages. If you have any queries let us know in the comment box below
Follow GetDroidTips for all latest APKs for your Android smartphone.