Honor 8 Pro is the new upgraded version of Honor 8 which comes with latest HiSilicon Kirin 960 chipset and has a 6GB variant for a good performance and multi tasking. If you are really opting to enjoy the stable LineageOS based Nougat on Honor 8 Pro, then you are at the right place. Now you can install the latest Lineage OS 14.1 on Honor 8 Pro based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Today an XDA Recognized Developer. OldDroid has built this ROM from scratch which indeed is stable and can be used as a daily driver. Full Credits to the developer and team for bringing this ROM for Honor 8 Pro.
Remember this is a stable build of Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 on Honor 8 Pro. This is a Stable build and can be used as a daily driver. If you want to try LineageOS then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Honor 8 Pro.
With the new LineageOS, you can enjoy the latest features which come with Android Nougat as well as LineageOS features. This is not an official LineageOS ROM built for Honor 8 Pro, but you can enjoy the real feature made from the LineageOS Gerrit. The ROM is Stable state and can use as a daily driver. Now Download the Android 7.1.2 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 for Honor 8 Pro. You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Honor 8 Pro.
Install the Custom ROM Lineage OS 14.1 on Honor 8 Pro which is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. If you want to try this ROM, then please download and follow the guide on How To Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Honor 8 Pro (Android 7.1.2 Nougat). By using TWRP Recovery, you can install the Lineage OS 14.1 on Honor 8 Pro (Android 7.1.2 Nougat). Follow the steps below.
What is Lineage OS?
LineageOS is a continuation of what CyanogenMod was. After the death of CyanogenMod, due in part to internal conflicts within Cyanogen Inc. Don’t worry, though: A new form of CyanogenMod called Lineage OS is taking up the mantle, and it will keep most of what you loved about CyanogenMod. Lineage OS (Another open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet, based on the Android mobile platform) will be a continuation of what CyanogenMod was, However, Lineage OS is still information phase. The success of this project.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
[su_spoiler title=”Read Everything About LineageOS” style=”fancy” icon=”arrow”]
LineageOS Cyanogen Inc. made an announcement recently on the evening of 24th of December, 2016 that left many of its users disappointed. Cyanogen Inc has withdrawn the popular Android mod, CyanogenMod. As the announcement was made, users were left with differentiated opinions regarding the future of the Android mod. Few believed that the legacy of CyanogenMod will be taken forward by a new Android mod, however, it was all uncertain. It is amidst such chaos that Lineage OS was introduced and definitely it gave back everyone the answer concerning Android mod.
Lineage OS offers a wide variety of features among which the flexibility it offers for modifications is commendable. It consists of empowering Custom ROMs that enables the user to have better control over their device. It shares the similar vision with which CyanogenMod was formed. Lineage OS is all set to take the legacy of Cyanogen by adopting a structured approach to community-driven custom ROMs and Mods for the Android OS.
CyanogenMod 14.1 is the last official mod that has been released by Cyanogen Inc. The company had plans to “take Android away from Google”, but rather ended up discontinuing its service. Nevertheless, Lineage OS is set to take on from where Cyanogen has left thereby ensuring even better performance. There went around many speculations around the formation of the Lineage OS, and with its entry, it smashed all of them. Lineage OS was initially given a codename LAOS (Lineage Android OS). Keep checking this site for more information about Lineage OS. You can also find Lineage OS related updates for your device here.
What is in Android 7.1.2 Nougat and its feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.1.2 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.1.2 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1.2 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
CHECK POPULAR POST
- How to port Android O Pixel Launcher on Any Phone!!
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Download and Install Android O Pixel Launcher on Your Android!!
- How to install Android O developer preview!!!
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
Must Check Post :
- How to install TWRP Recovery on Honor 8 Pro
- Simple Guide to Flash Custom ROM on Honor 8 Pro
- Some tricks and tips for Honor 8 Pro
- How to install MIUI on Honor 8 Pro
What’s Not Working:
- Rear Video Camera Recording working only with OpenCamera and set FPS to 15
- This will work on Honor 8 Pro (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- List Of Best Custom ROM For Huawei Honor 8 Pro
- Download Install Paranoid Android 7.2.0 AOSPA For Honor 8 Pro
- How To Install Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 For Honor 8 Pro
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery For Huawei Honor 8 Pro
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Honor 8 Pro
Here is the Full Guide on How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Honor 8 Pro:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Honor 8 Pro
- Now install TWRP Recovery using this full guide. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Download Lineage OS 14.1
Download Vendor zip
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 14.1 on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Credit goes To: OldDroid