Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 smartphone was launched in January 2017. The smartphone came out of the box with Android Lollipop and later upgraded to Marshmallow. Earlier we shared Lineage OS 14.1 for this device based on Android Nougat. Finally, A Good news for all Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 (A720F/DS) users. Now you can enjoy the Lineage OS 15 For Galaxy A7 2017 (A720F/DS).
Talking about the Specs, Galaxy A7 2017 features a 5.7-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The smartphone is powered by 1.9 GHz Octa-core Exynos 7880 Octa coupled with 3GB of RAM. It has a 32GB internal memory and can expand up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 comes with 16MP on the front and rear. The Galaxy A7 2017 runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box with backed by 3600 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It has a fingerprint sensor mounted on the front. The handset supports dual sim with 4G on both slots. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, 3G, and 4G.
The ROM is still under development and will take few more days to get the complete stable ROM. Lineage OS 15 is based on Android 8.0 Oreo update. Google released the latest Android 8.0 Oreo for Pixel and Nexus supported device.
If you still wondering whether your device will receive Android Oreo update, then check the full list of officially supported device from the manufacturer. In case if your phone has currently outdated and you want to upgrade to latest Android Oreo, then here are the list of an official and unofficial version of Lineage OS developed by the developer and LineageOS team. In this post, we will guide to install Lineage OS 15 For Galaxy A7 2017. This update is under development. Currently, we haven’t tested this ROM yet. As per the record, Developer claims that the ROM is not yet stable and cannot be used as a daily driver.
Recently released Android is known as Android 8.0 Oreo. This is a successor of Android Nougat and comes with many new features such as Picture in Picture mode, New Android O Emoji style, New Notification UI, Settings Overhaul changes, etc. So today we will guide to install the Lineage OS 15 for Samsung Galaxy A7 2017. Lineage OS 15 is based on Android 8.0 Oreo. Find the list of all Lineage OS 15 Supported device.
Table of Contents
Download And Install Lineage OS 15 For Galaxy A7 2017 (A720F/DS)
Check out the Top 10 features of Android 8.0 Oreo.
If you love custom ROM, then LineageOS is one of the most popular custom OS in Android history. As we know, Lineage is maintained by Lineage team, the people behind Cyanogen.inc company. Recently LineageOS has reported being achieved 1 million installations of the OS. From the earlier LineageOS 14 based Android Nougat, they have developed the OS for over 160 devices. Here are the list of LineageOS 14.1 Supported devices.
LineageOS 15 is based on the latest upcoming version of Android 8.0 Oreo. Android Oreo is been currently released only for the Google Pixel and Nexus device and we can expect the official rollout of Android Oreo for most of the other devices in the end of 2017 or before June 2018. In this guide, we will guide to install Lineage OS 15 For Galaxy A7 2017. Download and Install Lineage OS 15 For Galaxy A7 2017 (A720F/DS).
What Is Lineage OS?
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
What is Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Google started with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring to you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons – Google has made icons in Android O to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
Status of Development of Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 Lineage OS 15
Updated on August 2017: Finally, After the release of Android Oreo Factory images for Nexus and Pixel, Google has released AOSP Source code to the public. Now the developer has already started their project on building custom ROM based on Android Oreo.
- This will work on Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
- How To Install Lineage OS 15 For Galaxy A7 2017
- Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 Stock Firmware (Unbrick, Fix Bootloop, Unroot)
- Root And Install CWM/TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy A7 2017
- Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) Official Android 8.0 Oreo Update
Steps to Install Lineage OS 15 For Galaxy A7 2017 (A720F/DS)
- First of all, install TWRP Recovery using this full guide.
- Download the below Lineage OS 15 ROM onto your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 15 For Galaxy A7 2017. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.