Good News for all HTC 10 owners. Now you can install the latest LineageOS for HTC 10 based on Android 7.1 Nougat. LineageOS is a new Open Source project morphed after the death of CyanogenMod OS. However, the man behind the LineageOS seems to be the CEO of Cyanogen.inc Steve Kondik. Today you can enjoy the unofficial build of LineageOS for HTC 10 (CM14.1 base ROM) developed by crpalmer, Senior Member of XDA forum.
With the new LineageOS, you can enjoy the latest features which comes with Android Nougat as well as LineageOS features. This is not an official LineageOS ROM built for HTC 10, but you can enjoy the real feature made from the LineageOS gerrit. This is an unofficially released custom ROM by crpalmer, Senior Member of XDA forum. The ROM is damn stable to use as a daily driver. Now Download the Android 7.1 Nougat LineageOS for HTC 10. You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP to Install Official LineageOS for HTC 10.
As we don’t have any information from HTC about the official Stock Android 7.1 Nougat update roll out for HTC 10. Install the Custom ROM LineageOS on HTC 10 which is based on Android 7.1 Nougat. If you want to try this ROM, then please download and follow the guide on How To Install LineageOS for HTC 10 (Android 7.1 Nougat). By using TWRP Recovery, you can install the LineageOS for HTC 10 (Android 7.1 Nougat). Follow the steps below.
What is LineageOS ?
LineageOS is a continuation of what CyanogenMod was. After the death of Cyanogenmod, due in part to internal conflicts within Cyanogen Inc. Don’t worry, though: A new fork of CyanogenMod called Lineage OS is taking up the mantle, and it will keep most of what you loved about CyanogenMod. Lineage OS (Another open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet, based on the Android mobile platform) will be a continuation of what CyanogenMod was, However Lineage OS is still information phase. The success of this project.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
What is in Android 7.1 Nougat and its feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.1 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.1 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- This will work on HTC 10, Don’t Try this in Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- SELinux is in permissive mode
- Bluetooth headsets do not work for wide band voice calls (narrow band calls work)
- LED notification settings are available but don't work
- Fingerprint sensor does not work if you are on M firmware
- Magnet detection/Ice View not working
- Rear Camera Force Closes when enabling HDR (? is this a problem on N, I haven't tested it)
- How to Manually Update HTC 10 to Android Nougat
- How To Root and Install Official TWRP For HTC 10
- How to Unlock Bootloader your HTC 10
Steps for How to Install LineageOS for HTC 10 (Android 7.1 Nougat)
- First of all, Download the LineageOS Zip and GAPPS Zip file from the below-given link.
- If you have downloaded the zip file in your computer, then connect your device to computer using USB cable.
- Now move the downloaded LineageOS and Gapps zip to the root of internal memory of your smartphone.
- After transferring the zip file, Now turn your phone off. Reboot to recovery by pressing the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously. (You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.)
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the LineageOS zip file.
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- Now follow the same steps from Step one to install Gapps.
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install LineageOS for HTC 10 (Android 7.1 Nougat) Successfully.