An all-new version of the MIUI 10 is currently rolling into various Xiaomi devices. The latest MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM 8.7.12 is fixing up various bugs that have been plaguing individual devices. Security issues in the Redmi Note 4 are now solved. In Xiaomi Mi 6, no notification showing on the lock screen is now resolved. The latest beta ROM also plugs the issue that was lagging the video shot in 1080 pixel format on Mi 5. Another serious bug that was causing unlock of the Mi6 without the pattern, password, and the fingerprint is now solved.
Users who have signed-up for the beta forum will get the latest MIUI Beta ROM update via OTA. However, other regular users can also download MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM 8.7.12 on their phones. In this post, we will guide you to install latest MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM 8.7.12. You can find the links to the recovery ROM zip and fastboot ROM files for all Xiaomi devices receiving the latest beta ROM update.
Xiaomi’s new OS MIUI 10 brings all-new awesome new features based on Artifical intelligence(AI). This includes AI portrait mode with Bokeh effect, faster reload of App based on AI that detects a frequently used Application by a user. There are other new features such as drive mode, all new recent Apps menu, support for inbuilt Mi Ecosystem that easily establishes the connection of your device with other Mi devices.
Official Download Links for MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM 8.7.12 for Xiaomi Devices
Here are the official download links for the various devices receiving MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM 8.7.12.
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 | Recovery | Fastboot
- Mi 6 | Recovery | Fastboot(will be updated soon)
- Redmi S2 | Recovery | Fastboot
- Mi 5s | Recovery | Fastboot
- Redmi 4x | Recovery | Fastboot
- Mi 5 | Recovery | Fastboot
- Mi Mix 2S | Recovery | Fastboot
- Redmi Note 5 Pro/Redmi Note 5 | Recovery(not available) | Fastboot
- Mi 5s Plus | Recovery | Fastboot
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2 | Recovery | Fastboot
- Mi Max | Recovery | Fastboot
- Mi Mix | Recovery | Fastboot
- Xiaomi Redmi S2 | Recovery | Fastboot
- Mi Max Prime |Recovery | Fastboot
- Redmi 4A |Recovery | Fastboot
- Redmi 5A | Recovery | Fastboot
- Redmi 5 | Recovery | Fastboot
- Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm/Redmi Note 4X | Recovery | Fastboot
- Mi Max 2 | Recovery | Fastboot
- Redmi 5 Plus | Recovery | Fastboot
- Redmi Note 5A/Redmi Y1 Lite | Recovery | Fastboot
- Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1 | Recovery | Fastboot
Steps To Flash MIUI 10 Global Beta 8.7.12 ROM
Before flashing the firmware manually, you have to follow these few guidelines.
- The following ROMs are for the listed Xiaomi devices exclusively. Don’t use them on other devices.
- Take a complete backup of your device data before updating.
- A PC/Laptop with Micro USB cable.
- The ROM is in beta version so it may have bugs.
- Make sure that your phone has 70% or more battery charge to avoid power related interruption during the update installation process.
- Install Latest Mi Flash Tool for Xiaomi devices
- First, enable the Developer option. You can do this by navigating to Settings>> About Phones>> Tap on the MIUI Version 7 times.
- You have to enable USB debugging too. Go to navigate Settings>> Developer Options>> Enable USB Debugging
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any possible damage to your phone while/after installing the ROM.
Install Latest MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM v8.7.12 Using The Updater App
Step-1 Get the ROM from the download section for the respective Xiaomi phone you use.
Step-2 Connect your phone to PC and move the downloaded file to the update_rom folder in your internal Storage of the device.
Step-3 Now go to the phone and Launch ‘Updater‘ app.
Step-4 Click on the three dots (‘…’) at the top-right corner, > tap the ‘choose update package‘.
Step-5 Tap on OK to start the ROM installation and update process.
Step-6 The device will reboot after the process of installation is complete.
Apart from this, you can also use the Mi Flash Tool to install the Fastboot ROM to update your respective xiaomi devices to latest MIUI 10 v8.7.12. Follow the link below to download Mi flash tool and the tutorial to use it.
So, if your device has been bugged then make sure to download and install the latest MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM 8.7.12. If you have any queries do let us know.