Good News for all Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus owners. Now you can enjoy MIUI 8 on Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus. MiUi is one of the best Custom ROM out there for all Android Fan. MiUi is a Custom ROM developed by Chinese firm Xiaomi for all Android device from the Community developer in MIUI Forum. MIUI is also pronounced and known as “Me You I”, where UI is known as User Interface.
Follow this simple step by step guide to Install MIUI 8 on Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus. This is a port of MIUI 8 for Moto G4/Plus users. Unofficial Stable MIUI 8 developed by jhenrique09, Senior Member of XDA forum. The ROM is pretty stable and can be used as a daily drive. To install the MIUI 8 on Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus, your phone must have a Custom Recovery Called TWRP Recovery or any CWM Recovery. To know more about how to install TWRP Recovery, Check our Custom Recovery section.
This ROM is based on CyanogenMod 13 which comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. MIUI 8 comes with many preloaded features and the update comes every weak. To install, Follow the below guide on How To Install MIUI 8 on Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus.
PRE-REQUISITE TO INSTALL MIUI 8 for Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus
- This will work on Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus Device, Don’t Try this in Any other device
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone
- Download the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory
For those with fingerprint error, install the Stock Marshmallow, and after MIUI, will work.
What does not work properly and how to Fix
- Mobile network signal doesn’t displays correctly sometimes (displaying as No SIM card), but still working anyway for calls, text and mobile data. FIX: Reboot device and press power button twice.
- Navbar does not hide
- External sdcard write/acess issue on some devices – FIX: Go to settings > installed apps > enabled documents app or watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrWoICi-6wI
- Maybe MIUIAccount app force close with creating accounts, create your account in this website: https://account.xiaomi.com/pass/register
- Secured WiFi hotspots doesn’t work on some devices.. FIX: Install FoxFI app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foxfi
Steps for How to Install MIUI 8 for Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus
- First of all, you need to boot into Recovery -> First Switch off your phone -> Press the Recovery Key combination Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously -> You will see the recovery option (In Some Brand, Volume Up and Power button)
- Before installing any custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking theWipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to Flash MIUI 8 Beta
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom ROM (better if you move the custom ROM zip file into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- To Install SuperSU, Download the phh+s+SuperUser_v18.104.22.168.apk and install it on your phone
- Now Install the Super SU zip downloaded from above download link with TWRP Recovery.
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install MIUI 8 for Moto G4 and Moto G4 Plus Successfully.