MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11 is now rolling for all Xiaomi devices. It brings a lot of new updates as well as fixes some serious bugs. You can now have floating notifications in the landscape mode and sound recording option for screen recorder. Mi Apps homepage has been optimized and the lock screen blacking out has been fixed too. To learn about the changelogs in details, refer to the complete official changelog below. Currently, Xiaomi is also dropping the MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM for various Xiaomi smartphones. Though it is not available for all devices as of now, most of them will get it gradually.
MIUI 9 is the latest native custom skin from Xiaomi running on the current versions of Android OS. It brings efficient and versatile features like photo editor, fast app loading, Mi Drop file transfer etc. Other supporting feature includes App shortcut, split screen, theme packs etc. The latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11 will gradually roll out over-the-air(OTA) for various devices. Along with it, we have put up the download links for the recovery files and fastboot ROM for all those Xiaomi devices that will receive MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11. We have also put the tutorial and required tools to install the latest MIUI 9 Beta ROM.
Download MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11 for Xiaomi Devices
Follow the links below to download the MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11 fastboot ROM and recovery files for various Xiaomi devices.
- Mi 5 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Xiaomi Mi Max 32GB | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi 3/Mi 4 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi 3S | Fastboot | Recovery
- Qualcomm Redmi Note 3 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Special Edition Redmi Note 3 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi Note 2 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi Max 64GB/128GB | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi Note 4 MTK | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi 4X | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi Note 2 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi 4A | Fastboot | Recovery
- Note 4X | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi 5s Plus | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi Note 5A Prime | Fastboot | Recovery
- Y1 Lite | Fastboot | Recovery
Here is the complete changelog from Xiaomi mentioning the new features and the bug fixes accompanying the latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11.
- New format for floating notifications in the landscape mode
- Introduces sound recording options for Screen recorder
- Now press and hold a button on the dial pad to quick dial a number
- Brand new homepage of Mi Apps with visual and UI effect highly enhancement
- Weather info now aligns in notification & status bar in landscape mode
- ‘Mobile data’ label misaligned bug in Restrict data usage settings is fixed.
- Black screen over lock screen bug is now resolved.
How To Install MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11 On Xiaomi Devices
You can flash the latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11 using the Mi Flash Tool. But before moving ahead with the installation, carefully follow the points stated below.
- Ensure your device has full battery charge to avoid interruption during flashing.
- Take a complete backup of your device data before updating to latest ROM.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible if any damage occurs to your phone during installing these ROMs.
Now let’s move on to the steps of flashing the latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11.
Install The Latest MIUI 9 Beta ROM 8.1.11 Using Mi Flash Tool
Step-1 Download Latest MIUI flash Tool.
Step-2 Turn off your device.
Step-3 Long press the Volume key+Power button to enter your phone into Fastboot mode.
Step-4 Connect your smartphone to the PC using a USB cable.
Step-5 Extract the files on the downloaded ROM file.
Step-6 Open the folder where the extracted files of the ROM zip file and copy its path on the computer.
Step-7 Now Open Mi flash Tool.
Step-8 Paste into the address bar the extracted ROM folder path copied in the previous step.
Step-9 Click on the Refresh button so that Mi Flash will automatically recognize the device.
Step-10 Now, click the Flash button to flash the ROM file. Wait for some time as the process finishes.
In the end, your device will reboot automatically with the new OS.
Below is a screenshot of the Mi flash Tool performing the flashing. You can see it as a reference.
So, that’s about it. Carefully follow the tutorial and upgrade to the latest MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 8.1.11. If you have any queries reach to us in the comment section.
Follow GetDroidTips to get all latest updates and ROMs on MIUI 9 for your respective devices.