Currently, Redmi Note 6 Pro is receiving a stable software update from Xiaomi. It is now rolling out over the air. This new update goes by the version V10.2.2.0 OEKMIXM based on MIUI 10. It is a stable version update which will knock into devices globally. The V10.2.2.0 OEKMIXM update steps-up the Android security patch and some regular performance improvements. However, on the official forums, a few users have reported of fast battery drain and an issue with the fingerprint scanner.
You can wait for the OTA to drop into your phone. Alternatively, we have also put up the recovery and Fastboot ROM which you can download and flash manually. We have a dedicated tutorial for installing Xiaomi specific ROMs which we have linked below. Check it out.
Changelog: MIUI V10.2.2.0 OEKMIXM
Let’s take a look at the official changelog for Xiaomi’s latest Global stable MIUI ROM for Redmi Note 6 Pro.
- Fix: Updates Android Security Patch
- System Improvements
How to Catch MIUI V10.2.2.0.OEKMIXM OTA
All you need to do is,
- Go to your device Settings -> About Phone
- Inside About phones go to System updates > Check for updates.
- If you see the prompt of new software, tap on Download to begin the installation.
After updating your device will automatically reboot to integrate the new updates. It will hardly take a few minutes to finish the entire process. Also, to install the OTA update swiftly, you can make use of the Wi-Fi network to download the update. Make sure you have over 50% juice on your device before installing the new update.
If the above method doesn’t work, then there is another way to upgrade. As mentioned before, we have put up the Fastboot, Recovery ROM zip file which comes with the latest MIUI V10.2.2.0.OEKMIXM software.
Download MIUI V10.2.2.0.OEKMIXM Global Stable ROM
Here are the latest Recovery ROM and Fastboot ROM which packs the latest global stable update for Redmi Note 6 Pro.
How To Manually Install V10.2.2.0.OEKMIXM ROM
Before flashing any firmware you have to remember a few guidelines.
- Firmware files provided in this guide are exclusively for Redmi Note 6 Pro. Do not use them on any other devices.
- Take a complete backup before doing this procedure. If your device is rooted, then you can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- Ensure that you have Latest Redmi Note 6 Pro drivers installed on your PC/Laptop
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 50% before upgrading.
You have to use the Mi Flash Tool to flash the Fastboot ROM file. If you want to flash the Recovery ROM then you have to use the Updater App. Both the methods have been well explained in the tutorial below.How To Install Software Updates on Any Xiaomi Device Using Mi Flash Tool
So, that’s it. Install the new software on your Redmi Note 6 Pro and keep your device updated. If you have any queries do let us know in the comments section.