OnePlus 5 made another new stunning entry by bringing along with Snapdragon 835 chipset and Dual Camera Setup. If you don’t like OxygenOS pre-built in it, then now you can enjoy the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat on OnePlus 5. We had already shared some custom ROM for OnePlus 5, So check out this link to install Custom ROM on OnePlus 5. If you are here for the first time, then read the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. If you are trying to install Custom ROM for the first time, then please make sure you install the TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone. If you are here to install the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat, then here you are!.
OnePlus 5 sports 5.5-inch Optic AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor clubbed with either 6GB or 8GB RAM and comes with onboard storage of 64/128 GB. No microSD card support. OnePlus 5 comes with Dual 16 MP, f/1.7, 24mm, EIS (gyro) + 20 MP, f/2.6 at the rear with an aperture and comes with OIS, 1.6x optical zoom, phase detection autofocus, and LED flash, it also has 16 MP at the front for selfie shoot. The smartphone will come out of the box with Android 7.1.1 Nougat wrapped under Oxygen OS. OnePlus 5supports dual sim and has Type-C 1.0 reversible connector. Other connectivity options are Wi-Fi, 4G, 3G, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, Fingerprint (front) and GPS.
In this guide, you will learn How to Download and Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on OnePlus 5. This ROM is based on AICP OS which is quite famous with its custom made features from all CM, Lineage, Slim, Omni AOSPA, etc. Now you can install Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM on OnePlus 5 by following our simple guide. This ROM is not an official Android 7.1.2 Nougat from Meizu Company. But you can install this official AICP OS on OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger). This is a Custom ROM built from Android Open Source Code. You may find bugs or lag, if you do then you can always revert back to Stock or any other custom ROM for OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger).
Table of Contents
Download Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On OnePlus 5 (Custom ROM, AICP)
Remember this is a stable build of official AICPOS on OnePlus 5. This is a Stable build and can be used as a daily drive. If you want to try Android 7.0 OS then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on OnePlus 5 based AICP OS. This ROM is developed and published by official AICP Team member. Full Credits to the developer and contributors.
To Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on OnePlus 5 or any Custom ROM, your phone must have TWRP Recovery or any custom Recovery installed. If you don’t have one, then first install Custom Recovery on your OnePlus 5.
What Is AICPOS?
AICP is known by everyone as Android Ice Cold Project that started on Desire HD and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!! Until Lollipop,the rom has always been AOKP based. Unfortunately, since AOKP either stopped development or will make a comeback later this year, we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features. If there are any bugs, either we will sort them or CM team if it concerns their modifications. This rom isn’t CM supported so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!
What Is In Android 7.1 Nougat And Its Feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.1 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.1 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- How To Install Official Resurrection Remix For OnePlus 5 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
- List Of All Best Custom ROM For OnePlus 5
- How To Install Lineage OS 14.1 On OnePlus 5
- How to Install Dolby Atmos Sound Port on OnePlus 5
- How To Install FreedomOS 1.3 On OnePlus 5
- How To Dual Boot OnePlus 5 Using Dual Boot Patcher (Multi ROM boot)
Check this post :
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on OnePlus 5
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on OnePlus 5
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on OnePlus 5
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on OnePlus 5
- This will work on OnePlus 5 (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Here is the Full Guide on How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat On OnePlus 5:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 5
- Now install TWRP Recovery using this full guide.
- Download the below AICP ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.