Good News for all, Lineage OS builds have finally released the Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Moto Z2 Play . Now you can install the Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Moto Z2 Play. Follow the below given guide on How to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Moto Z2 Play.
Now you can enjoy the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Moto Z2 Play. We had already shared some custom ROM for Moto Z2 Play, So check out this link to install Custom ROM on Moto Z2 Play. If you are here for the first time, then read the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. If you are trying to install Custom ROM for the first time, then please make sure you install the TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone. If you are here to install the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat, then here you are!.
After Cyanogen closed down the company and even all the services including CyanogenMod, a new LineageOS was born by rebranding the CyanogenMod and the company has started developing the new ROM for couple of devices including Nexus Brand and Other supported OEM. The Company behind LineageOS has started rolling the official Lineage OS 14.1 for couple of devices in the first phase. In their Official Blog, Lineage OS has stated that the official builds are planned for more than eighty devices.
In this guide we will guide you on how to install Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Moto Z2 Play. Lineage OS is remake of the earlier released CyanogenMod 14.1 aka CM14.1. The ROM is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat which bundles with couple of extra feature integrated from CM14.1 and Nougat itself. The ROM is in experimental and Nightly build which may have few bugs but can be used as a daily drive without any problem.
If you are coming from CM14.1 aka Cyanogenmod 14.1, the developer has made the migration from CM13 or CM14 with hassle free by developing the Experimental data migration builds. So now you can install the Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Moto Z2 Play without performing factory reset. In the experimental build, developer has created a Ugly watermark reminding the users not to use the experimental build has a daily drive, but should treat has a stepping stone for migrating Lineage OS. To enjoy the LineageOS we recommend you to either flash the Nightly build or Weekly build.
What is LineageOS?
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
What is in Android 7.1.2 Nougat and its feature?
Android 7.1.2 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
ABOUT MOTO Z2 PLAY
Moto Z2 Play features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53 Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 636 coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB internal memory which can also be expanded upto 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Moto Z2 Play comes with 12MP Rear Camera with phase detection autofocus, OIS and dual-LED (dual tone) flash and 5MP front shooting camera.
Moto Z2 Play runs on Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box with a Non-Removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery with Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0). It also has Fingerprint sensor on the front. The handset supports dual sim with 4G on both slot. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, WiFi, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G.
- How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery for Moto Z2 Play
- Verizon Moto Z2 Play and Z2 Force Stock Firmware Collections
- Moto Z2, Z2 Play and Z2 Force Stock Firmware Collections
CHECK POPULAR POST
- How to install Android O developer preview!!!
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
Must Check Post :
- Simple Guide to Flash Custom ROM on Moto Z2 Play
- Some tricks and tips for Moto Z2 Play
- How to install MIUI on Moto Z2 Play
- This will work on Moto Z2 Play (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
[su_spoiler title=”Full Guide to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Moto Z2 Play” style=”fancy” icon=”arrow”]
Steps for How to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Moto Z2 Play (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
- First of all, Download the Lineage OS Zip and GAPPS Zip file from the below given link.
- If you have downloaded the zip file in your computer, then connect your device to computer using USB cable.
- Now move the downloaded Lineage OS and Gapps zip to the root of internal memory of your smartphone.
- After transferring the zip file, Now turn your phone off. Reboot to recovery by pressing the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously. (You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.)
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the Lineage OS zip file.
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- Now follow the same steps from Step one to install Gapps.
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 On Moto Z2 Play (Android 7.1.2 Nougat) Successfully.