Today i will guide you with How to Install CWM Recovery on XOLO Q710s. CWM Recovery aka ClockworkMod Recovery is one of the best known custom recovery in Android Ecosystem. It is developed by Koushik Dutta also known as Koush for his high support in Android Community. Clockworkmod recovery enables us to backup our Android system software with ability to restore back, Install Custom ROM, Recovery, Kernel, Mods, and even sideload apps. To say in simple word, CWM is the begining step to Android Hacking and moding which brings lot of customization. Once you install CWM on XOLO Q710s, you can start flashing any mods, Custom Rom, Kernel, Xposed etc on to your phone. So enjoy the test of Pure Android build such as Cyanogenmod, Miui, etc.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and I’m not responsible if you damage your phone or brick your device.
- This TWRP is for XOLO Q710s with MT6582
- You need a Laptop or PC.
- Charge your phone to at least 70%.
- Back up your device just in case if you need it later.
- Download MT65x3_USB_VCOM_drivers.zip for Driver for Preloader USB VCOM mode and Install it on your Computer (still compatible with MT67xx phones) (Install correctly Mediatek Preloader drivers before using Flashtool (Watch the video on How to install) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50pD0mONm44).
- Download SP FlashTool (win) – CLICK HERE and extract it on your computer.
- Download SuperSU.zip for root and Move it to internal memory on your phone.
- Download TWRP Recovery : CLICK HERE
- Download Scatter File
Steps for How to Root and Install TWRP for XOLO Q710s
- First of all download the all needed file from above link.
- Now Extract the MT65xx_USB_VCOM_drivers.zip file and install the Preloader VCOM drivers by running the InstallDriver.exe file.
- Download SP FlashTool (win) – CLICK HERE , extract it on your computer and run the flash_tool.exe file.
- Now Download the TWRP Zip which also contains Scatter file
- Now in the flash tool click on the scatter file, find the scatter file in the extracted folder
- Leave only the recovery line checked(Ticked), then double click on its Location field and browse for your device-specific custom recovery image file.
- Click on the Download button (No 6 in the image )and connect your phone to a USB port of your computer. The flashing process will start automatically and it needs just a few seconds.*
- Now the custom recovery has been flashed. You may remove the USB cable.
- To enter recovery, you need to boot in android, activate developers option menu, activate debug usb and use ADB commands to reboot in recovery mode: “adb reboot recovery” or Switch off your phone -> Press and Hold volume Down Key + Power button simultaneously to boot into recovery mode
- You can boot your phone into recovery by powering it on while pressing the volume up button.
- CONGRATS, YOU HAVE TWRP INSTALLED SUCCESSFULLY!
How to Root XOLO Q710s with TWRP
- You may have downloaded the SuperSu zip file from the section above what you need, If not – CLICK HERE to Download SuperSU.
- Now move the SuperSu zip file to the root of your internal memory.
- Boot your phone into recovery by pressing “Volume Down + Power” button simultaneously.
- In TWRP Recovery, Click the INSTALL menu and Browse and Select the SuperSu Zip.
- Now Swipe to Install SuperSu.
- Yes, Now the root must be working if you properly installed.
- To verify, Go to Google Play and download the Root Checker app to check the root status. If root checker app says root access available then Enjoy you have root on your XOLO Q710s Smartphone.