Attention Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge users. Now you can install Pre-release Android Oreo on AT&T Galaxy S7(Edge). This Oreo build is for the Snapdragon variant of Galaxy S7 (Edge). To be precise users with Galaxy S7/S7 Edge model numbers SM-G930A or SM-G935A are eligible for this update. As usual, as the routine goes, the device will receive all the features that Oreo packs with it. There will be Samsung experience 9.0 update for the device as it happened with Galaxy S8/S8 plus. You may remember very recently Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ received Android Oreo update. Apart from this, the devices will sport the latest February 2018 security patch update. This will ensure protection from all the latest Android security fiascos like Meltdown, specter etc.
Those who like tinkering around with their device, the update brings something cool for them too. If you install pre-release Android Oreo on your AT&T Galaxy S7 (Edge) it will bring support for custom themeing. Yes, you will be able to install and play around with Substratum. This also comes with this fact that you do not have to install the Sungstratum add-on. Andromeda add-on will work just fine.
A few days ago we reported of Galaxy S7 Edge in Vietnam getting accidental Oreo update with build number G935FXXU2ERB2. So, this pre-release Oreo update can be seen as a complementing update in the US regions for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.Below we have provided the link to Android Oreo ROM for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 (Edge). There are also two tutorials we have mentioned. You may follow that to install the pre-release Android Oreo on your AT&T Galaxy S7 (Edge).
How To Install Pre-release Android Oreo on your Galaxy S7 (Edge)
First of all, you have to download the ROMs for both Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge to install pre-release Android Oreo. Below are the links to the respective device.
Download Pre-Release Android Oreo ROM for Samsung Galaxy S7(Edge)
- AT&T Galaxy S7 (SM-G930A) Snapdragon Android Oreo ROM | Download | Zip file
- AT&T Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935A) Snapdragon Android Oreo ROM | Download | Zip file
Before installing these ROMS, you have to follow a few guidelines.
- Your device must run on latest firmware
- These OTA are exclusively for Samsung Galaxy S7 and 7 Edge.
- Do not use this firmware on other Samsung devices.
- GetDroidTips is not responsible for any damage to your device while installing this Update.
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Steps To Install Pre-Release Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 (Edge)
Steps of Installation
Step-1 First of all download and put the ROM update zip file onto your SD Card.
Step-2 On your PC download the Odin files linked above. In the zip, you will see six files. In Odin, you will see 5 categories, though you will only use 3.
Step-3 Put your phone into Odin mode by turning it off then holding Power + Volume Down + Bixby button.
Step-4 In Odin, put the corresponding BL, AP, CP, CSC (ignore HOME_CSC), but nothing in UMS.
Step-5 Now hit start. Your phone will flash the new firmware and then reboot to the setup screen.
Step-6 After that, switch off your phone then reboot into recovery by holding Power + Volume Up + Bixby.
Step-7 Use the volume buttons and power to select “apply update from SD card.”
Step-8 Use the volume buttons again to select the Oreo ROM update zip file and the power button to apply it.
Step-9 Wait for sometimes as the firmware installation takes place.
Alternatively, you can install the same update by ADB Sideloading method. Here are the steps fo the same.
- First of all Download the ADB and Fastboot drivers for Windows and Mac and extract it.
- Now move the downloaded OTA zip file to the ADB Folder.
- Enable USB Debugging by Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times
- You will see a toast message “Developer option enabled”.
- Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- In your PC/Laptop, Open the extracted ADB Folder. There Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Reboot your phone to recovery by pressing Volume UP + Power button.
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable.
- Now enter the following command in the command window that you open
- This command will show if any device is connected properly. If it doesn’t show, then please check the drivers are installed properly or if the attached cable is damaged.
- If your device is listed, then please type the below command in your command window.
adb sideload File_name.zip
- Wait until installation process completes.
- Once the installation process is completed and You can Reboot your device.
So, that’s about it. Grab the ROM and Install Pre-Release Android Oreo for Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. Let us know if you have got any queries regarding this.
Follow GetDroidTips for all latest Android oreo updates on Samsung Galaxy flagship devices.