Motorola is one of the oldest smartphone manufacturers in the world. Moto launched an affordable rock solid dual camera and Water resistant smartphone called Moto X4. The device came out of the box with Android 7.1.1 nWant to Install Stock ROM On Moto X4? then, you are at the right place. If you own a Moto X4 smartphone and searching for the Stock Firmware then you are at the right place. Here I will guide you to install official stock ROM on Moto X4 smartphone.
Talking about Specification, Moto X4 features a 5.2-inch display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by 2.2 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor clubbed with 3GB RAM and 32 GB On-board storage. It can be expanded via microSD card for extra storage with up to 256GB. The handset runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. The camera on the Moto X4 sports a Dual 12 MP Camera at the rear and 16 MP front camera for selfies.
This guide is simple and easy to follow. We have listed the Official Stock ROM for Moto X4 below. Download the required file to either upgrade or downgrade your Moto X4. This guide is followed by a software known as ADB and Fastboot method which is simple and easy. You can just flash the firmware on Moto X4 using the ADB and Fastboot command. Follow the steps carefully to flash the firmware on Moto X4 using the guide.
We ask you to read the steps before doing something wrong. READ READ READ!! Once you are done! Now you can download the USB Drivers, ADB and Fastboot tool, and the stock ROM from the below Pre-Requisite note.
Table of Contents
Guide To Install Official Stock ROM On Moto X4
Download the ROM which we have listed in this table below. This guide is helpful to those who are looking to Downgrade or upgrade your smartphone. You can anytime flash the stock ROM on Moto X4. This guide is also helpful to unbrick the phone (roll back the dead phone), you can install the Stock Firmware build to revert back to old version also. Also if you feel your Moto X4 lag or has an issue, then flash the stock firmware from the list below and save from situation. Stock Firmware doesn’t void a warranty on your Moto X4.
Here are below of Android 7.1 Nougat firmware Update for Moto X4. To install the Stock Firmware on Moto X4, Please follow the guide and download the ROM, Moto X4 Latest USB Drivers and ADB and fastboot tool on your computer. This guide is for How to Install Stock ROM on Moto X4 smartphone.
The Advantage Of Stock Firmware:
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Moto X4
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the boot loop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade Moto X4
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter on Moto X4
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
READ THIS CAUTION:
So before jumping into the manual upgradation setup, please make sure you have a good amount juice with at least 80% Charge. If not please charge the phone. Backup your phone in case if you need it later. If you brick the device we are not responsible. Do it at your own risk. Remember this guide is to update Stock ROM on Moto X4.
Related Post :
- How to Downgrade Moto X4 from Android Oreo to Nougat
- Download and Install OPW27.57-40 Android Oreo Update on Moto X4
- How to perform Factory Data reset on Moto X4: Hard and Soft Reset
- Common Moto X4 Problems and Fixes: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Charging, SIM, Battery and more
- Motorola Moto X4 Stock Firmware Collections
- Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools Zip
- Download the Motorola Device Driver
- Charge your phone for at least 70%
- Backup your device just in case if you need it later
- You need either Laptop or PC
Required ROM Files
You can download any one of the above Stock ROM files
Steps to Install Firmware on Moto X4:
There are two methods which you can follow. Check any of the methods, if the first method doesn’t work, you can simply follow the second method to install the stock firmware on Moto X4.
In this first method, you need download and install the ADB and Fastboot tool along with Moto X4 Latest USB Drivers. After installing you can simply follow the link below to sideload the ROM on your phone.Guide to flash the firmware using ADB Sideload
- First of all, Unlock the bootloader on your phone. If your device is already unlocked, then skip this step.
- Now Install and Setup the ADB Fastboot on your PC.
- Move the downloaded Moto X4 firmware to adb fastboot folder.
- Now boot your Moto X4 into bootloader mode by turning the phone off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN + POWER button simultaneously for few seconds until you see the bootloader menu on your phone screen.
- Once you are in the bootloader menu.
- Connect your Moto X4 to PC using USB Cable
- Open the ADB Folder where you extracted the firmware file.
- In the adb folder, hold the SHIFT Key (keyboard) and click the Right-click button (mouse) on any empty screen inside the ADB Folder.
- You will be seeing this option to open the command window.
- Once you see the command screen, now you can type the below command one by one on your PC.
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin mfastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img mfastboot reboot-bootloader mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn mfastboot erase modemst1 mfastboot erase modemst2 mfastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin mfastboot flash dsp dspso.bin mfastboot flash logo logo.bin mfastboot flash boot boot.img mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7 mfastboot flash system_b system_other.img mfastboot flash oem oem.img mfastboot erase carrier mfastboot erase userdata mfastboot erase ddr fastboot reboot
- Congrats, you have completed the process to Install Stock ROM Update on Moto X4.
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Stock Firmware on Moto X4. If you have any queries or feedback, please leave your comment down below.