Do you want to install Custom Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J5 J500F/M and H Marshmallow? Here is our full guide on How to Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy J5 J500F/M and H running Android 6.0 Marshmallow. TWRP Recovery is a Custom Recovery which is also known as TeamWin Recovery built with a touchscreen-enabled interface which allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which are often unsupported by stock recovery images.
ALSO READ : How to Update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow On Samsung Galaxy J5 2015 Manually
Hi Readers, Last time i had updated on How to Root and Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy J5 J500F all models running Android 5.1 Lollipop. Today we have an update for Android Marshmallow with Build number J500F/M and H – Download the Marshmallow update for Samsung Galaxy J5 J500F . Today a Xda senior member, Ganesh Varma has posted TWRP for J500F/M and H. So try this TWRP for Samsung Galaxy J5 J500F/M and H model running Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
This recovery will TRIP your Knox Counter and your warranty will be void.
This recovery is only for Samsung Galaxy J5 2015 ( SM-J500F) running Android 6.0 Marshmallow
ABOUT SAMSUNG GALAXY J5 2015:
Samsung Galaxy J5 comes with 5-inch Super AMOLED powered by Snapdragon 410 processor tangled with 1.5GB of RAM. Both the phone will support 4G LTE and 16GB internal storage with up to 128GB Expandable memory card support for more videos and music space. Samsung Galaxy J5 has 13-megapixel rear camera with an aperture of f/1.9 and front with 5 mp camera with LED flash support for selfies.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that. By doing this, you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So be careful
- Remember this step is about How to Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy J5 J500F/M and H Marshmallow
- Your Phone must have 70% Of battery
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process wont loose your data)
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED :
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software : CLICK HERE
- DOwnload and Install the Samsung USB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Download the TWRP tar – [button color=”red” size=”22px” type=”square” target=”blank” link=”https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424946537″]SM-J500F/M[/button] [button color=”red” size=”22px” type=”square” target=”blank” link=”https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424946966″]SM-J500H[/button]
- Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
Steps for How to Install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy J5 J500F/M and H MARSHMALLOW
- If you have downloaded and installed the file from above then you are good to Go – Read from Step 2
- First of all enable the USB Debugging
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Opendeveloper option -> Enable USB Debugging
- Aslo Enable OEM Unlocking by Going into Settings -> Developer Options -> Toggle OEM Unlocking
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called ODIN v3.11.1 exe file using the Administrator – Right Click your mouse and Open using Administrator (If there is a pop-up regarding Installing ADB drivers let it finish, it usually updates)
- Now Reboot your phone into Download Mode
- So First Turn your Phone off -> press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons Until you see a download mode.
- Now Connect your phone to PC using the USB Cables
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin (ake sure the COM : xx (xx is usb port number it can be any number so don’t worry about it, just verify COM is lit up)
- Add the Recovery TWRP .tar file which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button and load it inside it
- Now Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see
- Also Uncheck the Auto Reboot if you installing for the first time
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few seconds until you see a message pass. Once you see PASS
- Restart the phone into recovery by Holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
- Voila Now you have a TWRP Recovery on your phone.