Good News for all Huawei Honor 8 Owners. Now you can install the best custom ROM known as CM13 aka CyanogenMod 13 on Honor 8. This is a work in progress ROM, not all the things are working properly, as there are a fair few bugs that need to be ironed out. Honor 8 now can install the unofficial CM13 for Honor 8 by following the guide below on How To Install Unofficial CM13 For Honor 8. If you own an Honor 8, then you know that the Honor 8 comes with EMUI version based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow by Huawei which also include many OEM software and features. But to give you some AOSP experience, you can install the CM13 on Honor 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Cyanogenmod is one of the best featured Android Custom ROM Available for most of the Android Smartphone. It is based on Android Marshmallow. Today I will guide you on how to install CM13 ROM for Honor 8. This is not an official CyanogenMod 13 for Honor 8. Now you can download the Unofficial build of CyanogenMod 13 for Honor 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Here is our full guide on how to download and install Cyanogenmod 13 on Honor 8 with a simple and easy method. To Install Cm13 on Honor 8, your phone must have a TWRP Recovery or any Custom Recovery. By installing Cyanogenmod 13 on Huawei Honor 8, The CM 13 powered by Marshmallow has features such as Doze Mode, Google Now on Tap, CM Theme engine, Battery Optimizations, launcher and more. This is a CUSTOM ROM for Honor 8 known as CM13
What is CyanogenMod ?
CyanogenMod is a custom ROM built by the community of developer. it is a free and open source software based on the official releases of Android by Google, with added original and third-party code. It is based on a rolling-release development model. CM13 has a lot of features such as Cyanogenmod Launcher, Themes, Notifications, Lock screen, Buttons, System Profiles, Status Bar, Privacy, etc.
What’s Not Working ?
* NFC * GPS * FPS – due to Huawei kernel source code ( missing or inadequate driver ) * Camcorder * Encryption * also, may be some others small issues
PRE-REQUISITE TO INSTALL CM13 FOR HONOR 8
- This will work on Honor 8, Dont Try this in Any other device
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery
- Make sure the device is rooted (Bootloader unlocked) before going forward.
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory
Steps for How to Install CM13 for Honor 8
[button color=”red” size=”22px” type=”square” target=”blank” link=”https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224398517″]DOWNLOAD CM13[/button] [button color=”red” size=”22px” type=”square” target=”blank” link=”http://opengapps.org”]DOWNLOAD GAPPS[/button]
- First of all, you need to boot into Recovery -> First Switch off your phone -> Press the Recovery Key combination Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously -> You will see the recovery option (In Some Brand, Volume Up and Power button)
- Before installing the custom rom, its better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the Cyanogenmod 13
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom rom zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- For Google Gapps install the Google Gapps Zip using the same process
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install CM13 on Honor 8 Successfully.
Steps for How to Root Honor 8
Here is the step for how to root Honor 8, This step is simple as you installed the Custom ROM.
- Download the SUperSU zip and Place it on the root of your internal memory
- Now Boot into Recovery
- Now Click the Install Button and Browse and Select the SuperSu Zip File
- Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.