Good News for all Galaxy S7 – G930F/FD/W8/S/K/L owners. Now you can install the latest Lineage OS 14.1 For Samsung Galaxy S7 – G930F/FD/W8/S/K/L based on Android 7.1 Nougat. LineageOS is a new Open Source project morphed after the death of CyanogenMod OS. However, the man behind the LineageOS seems to be the CEO of Cyanogen.inc Steve Kondik. Today you can enjoy the unofficial build of Lineage OS 14.1 For Samsung Galaxy S7 – G930F/FD/W8/S/K/L (CM14.1 base ROM) developed by Fevax, Senior Member of XDA forum.
Remember this is a stable build of Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 For Samsung Galaxy S7. This is a Stable build and can be used as a daily drive. If you want to try LineageOS then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 For Samsung Galaxy S7.
With the new LineageOS, you can enjoy the latest features which comes with Android Nougat as well as LineageOS features. This is not an official LineageOS ROM built for Galaxy S7 Edge – G930F/FD/W8/S/K/L, but you can enjoy the real feature made from the LineageOS gerrit. This is an unofficially released custom ROM by Fevax, Senior Member of XDA forum. The ROM is Stable state and can use as a daily driver. Now Download the Android 7.1 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 For Samsung Galaxy S7 – G930F/FD/W8/S/K/L. You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 For Samsung Galaxy S7 – G930F/FD/W8/S/K/L.
Install the Custom ROM LineageOS on Galaxy S7 Edge – G930F/FD/W8/S/K/L which is based on Android 7.1 Nougat. If you want to try this ROM, then please download and follow the guide on How To Install Lineage OS 14.1 For Samsung Galaxy S7 – G930F/FD/W8/S/K/L (Android 7.1 Nougat). By using TWRP Recovery, you can install the Lineage OS 14.1 For Samsung Galaxy S7 – G930F/FD/W8/S/K/L (Android 7.1 Nougat). Follow the steps below.
LineageOS is a continuation of what CyanogenMod was. After the death of Cyanogenmod, due in part to internal conflicts within Cyanogen Inc. Don’t worry, though: A new fork of CyanogenMod called Lineage OS is taking up the mantle, and it will keep most of what you loved about CyanogenMod. Lineage OS (Another open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet, based on the Android mobile platform) will be a continuation of what CyanogenMod was, However Lineage OS is still information phase. The success of this project.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.1 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.1 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
List of Supported Samsung Galaxy S7 :
/* What’s not working */
hero-common: disable Exynos HW encoders
* This change fixed video recording(in camera app and other apps like Snapchat).
audio: redo mixer_paths
* This change fixed headset mic and other audio-related problems.
Off-mode charging is fixed.
Fingerprint reader is now fixed.
- This will work on Galaxy S7 Edge – G930F, G930FD, G930W8, G930S, G930K and G930L, Don’t Try this in Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Download and Install Pre-rooted Galaxy S7 Edge Nougat Beta 3 [TWRP Flashable]
- Download Samsung Galaxy S7 Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware
- How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S7
Steps for How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 For Samsung Galaxy S7 – G930F/FD/W8/S/K/L (Android 7.1 Nougat)
- First of all, Download the LineageOS Zip and GAPPS Zip file from the below-given link.
- If you have downloaded the zip file in your computer, then connect your device to computer using USB cable.
- Now move the downloaded LineageOS and Gapps zip to the root of internal memory of your smartphone.
- After transferring the zip file, Now turn your phone off. Reboot to recovery by pressing the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously. (You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.)
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the LineageOS zip file.
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- Now follow the same steps from Step one to install Gapps.
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install Lineage OS 14.1 For Samsung Galaxy S7 – G930F/FD/W8/S/K/L (Android 7.1 Nougat) Successfully.
SOURCE : Development link