Verizon released the latest April Google Security patch update with build version VS99514B for Verizon LG V20. Now you can download and install the VS99514B update manually on your LG V20 using our guide below. The update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat. There is no information about the upcoming release of Android 7.1.1 Nougat for LG V20. Till then you can enjoy the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat for LG V20 (Custom ROM).
If you don’t want manual update, then update Verizon LG V20 via FOTA VS99514B, The update is available via FOTA and LG Bridge. After the Update, Your phone’s software version is VS99514B.
Table of Contents
Download Install VS99514B Stock Nougat Firmware on Verizon LG V20
The update has rolled out via OTA and will soon hit your Verizon LG V20 device running stock ROM without root. With this software update, the software version as bumped to VS99514B on Verizon LG V20. The update is a minor update which comes with latest April Security Patch update. Along Security update, Verizon also fixed some of the regular bugs and improves system stability and performance.
As of now, this is an incremental update with latest April Google Security patch for Verizon LG V20 (VS99514B_00_0427.kdz). So make sure to update to keep your device safe with April Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android. (Recommended).
Now you can download the Verizon LG V20 VS99514B KDZ Stock Firmware and install it manually using the below guide on How to Install KDZ Stock Firmware on Verizon LG V20. If you didn’t receive any OTA update on Verizon LG V20, then you can use the manual procedure on How to install VS99514B KDZ Stock Firmware on Verizon LG V20.
Read More about Stock ROM and Custom ROM
The latest OTA VS99514B comes with the latest April Security Patch and update contains various enhancements, optimizations and bug fixes. Now you can enjoy the latest VS99514B build on Verizon LG V20 in Verizon Carrier by following the below step by step guide to flash VS99514B April Security Patch on Verizon LG V20 . The new update has rolled out and will soon available on your phone via OTA notification.
If you didn’t receive the official OTA on Verizon LG V20, then either you can wait for the update notification to hit your phone or you can update manually. As OTA April take a few days or a week to be available for all, you can try to update manually by Going into
Update automatically OTA for Android 7.0 Nougat VS99514B v20i on Verizon LG V20 :
- Open Settings on Verizon LG V20.
- Go to General > About phone. (If using List view, scroll down to PHONE MANAGEMENT,’ then tap About phone.)
- Now click Update Center.
- Tap System update.
- Tap Check for update.
- If you have any update, follow the on screen prompts to update the device.
How to Manually Flash full Stock Firmware VS99514B on Verizon LG V20 using the below guide :
What is the Advantage of Flashing Stock Firmware :
- By Flashing Stock Firmware, you can keep the device up to date.
- Stock Firmware can unroot your device and keep it stockish.
- To Fix the Bootloop problem.
- You can upgrade and Downgrade your phone.
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone.
- Fix the lag or stutter.
- Solve the soft brick on your phone.
- To revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
- Remember : This guide is to Install Stock Firmware Manually on Verizon LG V20
- Your device must have 70% Of battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data).
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
What Do You Need ?
- First of all, Download all the files like KDZ Firmware, LG Drivers and also LG UP latest version.
- Install LG UP exe file on your computer.
- Now make sure to install the drivers if you are phone does not detect in your PC/Laptop.
- Now Turn your phone off and then Hold the Volume UP key for few seconds.
- While holding Volume Up key connect your phone to PC using USB Cable (Don’t leave volume key while connecting)
- Release the Volume UP key as soon as the phone goes into Download Mode.
- Open LG UP software on your PC and Select Upgrade
- Now in the Select Path, Select your KDZ file from your downloaded folder.
- Once it is loaded, Click the start button down below and wait for the installation to complete.
- Once it completes your phone will reboot automatically. Booting April take time. So wait patiently till first boot.
- Well, That’s it! Enjoy the latest Stock Firmware on LG Smartphone.