Here we will guide on how to download and install the latest MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM 8.7.26 for Xiaomi Mi 5 (gemini). The guide is simple and easy! The update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
MIUI 10 beta v8.7.26 is currently available for a limited number of Xiaomi devices. As of now, it is available to a few numbers of users inside closed beta testers community. Soon in the coming months, the stable rollout of MIUI 10 will happen. Mi 5 (gemini) is one of the Xiaomi smartphones for which latest MIUI 10 Beta ROM is now rolling. In this post, we will provide you the full tutorial to install the latest MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM 8.7.26 for Xiaomi Mi 5 (gemini).
MIUI 10 brings all new amazing features based on Artifical intelligence. This includes AI portrait mode with Bokeh effect, faster reload of App based on AI that detects a frequently used Application by a user. There are some new features such as drive mode, all new recent Apps menu, support for inbuilt Mi Ecosystem that easily connects your device to other Mi devices.
Xiaomi Mi 5 is a dual SIM smartphone launched in February 2016. The phone comes with a 5.15-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. It runs on 1.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and 3 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow out-of-the-box. This device packs a 32 GB of expandable internal storage. Xiaomi Mi 5 brings a 16-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 4-megapixel camera on the front.
If you are the owner of Xiaomi Mi 5, then you can try MIUI 10 8.7.3 Global Beta ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5 (gemini) by following this guide. The update is rolling currently via OTA for users who have enrolled for the beta. The update is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
To install this update, you can try to flash either fastboot image or recovery file on Xiaomi Mi 5. The guide is simple and easy to follow. Make sure to take a complete backup before flashing the MIUI 10 8.7.3 Global Beta ROM for Xiaomi Mi 5 (gemini).
MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM 8.7.26 Changelog:
Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
Fix – The problem of flashing screen in the process of fingerprint unlocking (07-12)
New – AI Portrait mode for single camera devices (07-06)
New – AI Portrait mode for the front camera (07-06)
Optimization – The magnetic force meter calibration algorithm and compass algorithm can improve the accuracy of map application (07-19)
New – Fix recognition for message senders (07-17)
Download Xiaomi Mi 5 MIUI 10 ROM
Here is the link to download the MIUI 10 ROM for Mi 5. We have also included the TWRP image file.
Steps to install MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM 8.7.26 for Xiaomi Mi 5
To flash the MIUI 10 8.7.26 Global Beta ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5 (gemini), you can either flash the ROM via TWRP recovery just like how we flash the Custom ROM. Before flashing the MIUI 10 8.7.26 Global Beta ROM on Xiaomi Mi 5, make sure you have the required files on your phone.
- Download the MIUI 10 8.7.26 Global Beta ROM for Mi 5 and move the file to the internal memory on your phone.
- Charge your phone to at least 30% battery backup
- You should unlock the bootloader on Mi 5 (Skip this, if you have unlocked bootloader)
- Install the TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 5. (Skip this, if you already have a TWRP Recovery)
- Make sure to take the complete backup using TWRP Recovery.
Flash via TWRP Recovery:
- If you already moved the recovery ROM file to your phone’s internal memory
- Now boot into recovery mode and select WIPE –> Advanced Wipe and “Swipe to Factory Reset” on the bottom of the screen.
- You can now go back and tap on INSTALL and browse for the recovery ROM file that you moved.
- Tap on the zip file and Swipe to Confirm the flash.
- Now you will see the screen which shows the installation progress.
- Wait until the installation process completes.
- You can now reboot your phone to enjoy the latest MIUI 10.
Flash via Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool:
To flash via Xiaomi Mi Flash tool, you need to first download the Fastboot file, Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool and Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC or laptop.Guide to Flash MIUI Stock ROM on any Xiaomi Devices
So, that’s all you have to do. Now your Xiaomi Mi 5 will be running with the all-new MIUI 10 Beta ROM v8.7.26. Enjoy MIUI 10 and if you have any queries regarding this do let us know.