Latest MIUI 10 global beta ROM is now rolling from Xiaomi. It brings the v8.6.14 MIUI 10 for various Xiaomi devices. This includes Xiaomi Mi Mi Mix 2S. Usually, as a user, you can receive the software update over the air on your devices as it is a global update. Along with that, you can also install Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S v8.6.14 MIUI 10 ROM by flashing .tgz firmware file.
Current Global beta brings optimized start page, PWA support, and better searchability. It also adds new World Cup card to the App Vault for the on-going Football World Cup 2018. Latest MIUI10 Beta ROM also fixes up the error where PM was being shown as AM in the Greek language.
MIUI 10 brings all new amazing features based on Artifical intelligence. This includes AI portrait mode with Bokeh effect, faster reload of App based on AI that detects a frequently used Application by a user. There are some new features such as drive mode, all new recent Apps menu, support for inbuilt Mi Ecosystem that easily connects your device to other Mi devices.
In this tutorial, we will flash the .tgz firmware file of Mi Mix 2S. To install it, we will use the Mi Flash Tool. You can find the full guide below to install MIUI 10 manually. Below we have mentioned the download link for .tgz firmware file of Mi Mix 2S.
Download Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S v8.6.14 MIUI 10 ROM
Here is the link to download the MIUI 10 v8.6.14 ROM for Mi Mix 2S. You can also find the .tgz firmware and the download link for Mi Flash Tool.
How To Manually Install Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S v8.6.14 MIUI 10 ROM
Before going through the ROM flashing process, you have to follow few guidelines and need to have some tools installed. check that out below.
- This ROM is exclusively for Mi Mix 2S. Do not use it on any other Xiaomi devices.
- You need a PC/Laptop and a micro USB cable.
- A micro USB cable to connect your Phone
- Ensure there is 70 % or more battery charge on your device.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your system.
- You have to enable the Developer option. To do this go to Settings > About Phones > Tap on the build number 7 times.
- Now enable the USB debugging. To enable it go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
Steps To Install Mi Mix 2S v8.6.14 MIUI 10 ROM
- Download the latest Mi Flash Tool and ADB drivers from the download section.
- After that install Mi Flash Tool and ADB on your PC. Then restart your PC.
- Now switch off your phone and enter it into the fastboot mode. To do it press the Volume down + Power buttons at the same time.
- Now connect your phone to PC using the USB cable.
- Now launch the Flash tool when it is fully connected with the USB cable. You will see the screen displaying your device id.
- Now simply click on the Browse button in the Mi flash Tools > navigate to the fastboot ROM folder which you want to flash > select the ROM > press OK.
- Now click on the refresh button to make sure that Mi Flash Tool can recognize your device and the ROM properly.
- Click on the FLASH button to start the flashing process. Wait till the progress bar becomes green and once it completes, disconnect the phone and switch it on.
So, that’s it. Now you have successfully installed the latest MIUI 10 v8.6.14 on your Mi Mix 2S. Install MIUI 10 and enjoy.
Install MIUI 10 Gapps:
Normally, MIUI China Beta version doesn’t support Google apps and services in China. So if you still want to install the Google apps, then follow the below guide to install MIUI 10 on your phone. By following the guide, you can enjoy Play store, Youtube, Gmail and more.