A few weeks ago, Apple released the iOS 13.6 OS for all its compatible Apple devices. The compatible models are iPhone 6s and the 7th gen iPod touch. There are several features and bug fixes that has been introduced with the iOS 13.6. So it is advised that you update your compatible Apple device with iOS 13.6 OS. For starters, iOS 13.6 brings an updated Health app which also adds a new category called Symptoms. It will log any of the symptoms including fever, chills, and coughing. This data can then be transferred over to third-party apps. Besides, another most important feature of iOS 13.6 is the support for Digital Car Keys. This feature was announced by the Cupertino giant, in WWDC 2020 last month in an online event.
Notably, this feature will be limited to iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and later models. Users in the US also get Apple News+ where they can listen to audio stories and read about local news. Moreover, a new Automatic Update option is now available which lets you download updates automatically over the WiFi network. In this post, we will give you a list of all the common problems and solutions of the iOS 13.6. So, that if you come across any issues while running iOS 13.6, you can look up to this guide and resolve the issue right away. So, with that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
Changelog of iOS 13.6
Here is the official changelog of the iOS 13.6 that will give you all the details on the newly introduced features and bugfixes this OS brings for your Apple device.
iOS 13.6 Changelog
iOS 13.6 adds support for digital car keys, introduces audio stories in Apple News+ (US only), and contains a new symptoms category in the Health app. This release also includes bug fixes and improvements.
Digital car keys
- Unlock, lock, and start your compatible car with your iPhone
- Securely remove digital keys from a lost device via iCloud
- Share digital keys easily with iMessage
- Driver-specific profiles so you can configure shared keys for full-access or restricted driving
- Power reserve lets you unlock and start your car for up to five hours after iPhone runs out of battery
Apple News (US only)
- Audio stories are professionally narrated versions of some of the best reads from Apple News+, selected and produced by the Apple News editors as part of your Apple News+ subscription
- Apple News Today is a new, free audio briefing on the day’s top stories from the Apple News editors, also available in the Podcasts app
- A new Audio tab makes it easy to find Apple News Today and Apple News+ audio stories
- CarPlay allows you to listen to Apple News Today and Apple News+ audio stories while on the road
- Local news in your Today feed provides extensive coverage of San Francisco, the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Houston, and New York City
- More stories available from local news providers with a subscription to Apple News+
- Your daily newsletter from Apple News can now be personalized with stories that reflect your interests
- New category for symptoms in the Health app, including symptoms logged from Cycle Tracking and ECG
- Ability to log new symptoms, like fever, chills, sore throat or coughing, and share them with third-party apps
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements.
- Adds a new setting to choose if updates automatically download to your device when on Wi-Fi
- Addresses an issue that could cause apps to become unresponsive when syncing data from iCloud Drive
- Fixes an issue that could cause data roaming to appear to be disabled on eSIM even though it remained active
- Fixes an issue that causes some phone calls from Saskatchewan to appear as originating from the United States
- Addresses an issue that could interrupt audio when making phone calls over Wi-Fi Calling
- Fixes an issue that prevented some iPhone 6S and iPhone SE devices from registering for Wi-Fi Calling
- Resolves an issue that could cause the software keyboard to appear unexpectedly when connected to certain third-party hardware keyboards
- Fixes an issue that could cause Japanese hardware keyboards to be incorrectly mapped as a U.S. keyboard
- Addresses stability issues when accessing Control Center when Assistive Touch was enabled
- Provides a mechanism for administrators to specify domains to exclude from traffic carried by always-on VPN connections
All iOS 13.6 Common Problems and Solutions
Even though the latest iOS 13.6 brings in tons of new features and bug fixes for the Apple devices, there are some common problems that users might come across after the installation of this OS. Below we have listed all the common problems and the solutions which you can apply to fix them.