Today Samsung has started sending the latest January Security Patch for Galaxy J1 running Android Kitkat. The update has started to roll out as we speak. The latest OTA comes with build number J100HXXU0AQA2 for Galaxy J1. If you are running the Stock Kitkat on Samsung Galaxy J1, then you will receive the notification anytime soon on your device. The update is sent via OTA (Over the air) to all Galaxy J1 in Phase wise manner.
The latest build J100HXXU0AQA2 comes with January Security Patch, fixes several bugs and improves the stability and performance of the device. The update is still based on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat. Now you can enjoy the latest Android 4.4.4 Kitkat for Samsung Galaxy J1 SM- J100H by following the below step by step guide to flash latest January Security Kitkat ROM on Galaxy J1 J100H.
Upgrade to Nougat Here : Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy J1
As of now, this is an incremental update with latest January Security patch for Samsung Galaxy J1. So make sure to update to keep your device safe with January Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android. (Recommended).
Flash J100HXXU0AQA2 January Security Kitkat For Galaxy J1 J100H
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Samsung Galaxy J1, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash Kitkat J100HXXU0AQA2 For Samsung Galaxy J1.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Samsung Galaxy J1 to January Security Patch based Kitkat manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Samsung Galaxy J1 J100H to Kitkat OTA update.
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy J1 J100H.
- How to Install Android 7.1.2 Kitkat on Galaxy J1
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Galaxy J1
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on Galaxy J1
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on Galaxy J1
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on Galaxy J1
Update Via Samsung Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to latest January Security Patch update J100HXXU0AQA2 on Galaxy J1 J100H.
Click Here To Upgrade Via Samsung Kies To January Security Patch Update
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED :
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software : CLICK HERE or
- Download and Install the SamsungUSB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Click to download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
- Remember : This guide is to Install January Secuity Patch update on Galaxy J1 J100H (J100HXXU0AQA2).
- Your device must have 70% Of battery
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data)
- You need to Enter Download Mode
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.