Today AT&T has started rolling the latest update with build number J120AUCS4AQJ2 for AT&T Galaxy Express 3 SM-J120A. This update comes with another security patch for the month of October 2017. In this October Security Patch, AT&T also fixed the KRACK WiFi Vulnebrities fix. Along with this update, they have also fixed the regular bugs and improved the system stability and performance.
Table of Contents
What’s KRACK Wi-Fi vulnerability?
KRACK Wi-Fi vulnerability stands for Key Reinstallation Attack which is a fundamental heart to hack the WiFi Protected Access 2 (WPA2). Recently researcher found that, by hacking the WPA2, It can act the vulnerability to decrypt traffic, hijack connections, perform man-in-the-middle attacks, and eavesdrop on communication sent from a WPA2-enabled device. To secure the device, Today Samsung has started rolling this Security bug fix to fix the KRACK Wi-Fi vulnerability on Samsung Galaxy Express 3.
Check Out the List of Samsung devices to receive Android 8.0 Oreo. If your device is not there, then upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo via Custom ROM. Here is the list of Supported devices which will get Lineage OS 15.
As already mentioned, the Krack Security Patch for Galaxy Express 3 has started rolling out via OTA (Over the Air) update, you will get this latest update if you haven’t rooted your device. The update is sent in a phase-wise manner. We recommend you to install this Security Patch update which fixes the security malware and bugs. In case if you have received the update, then hit the download button to start updating your phone to latest security patch.
Before proceeding with anything, make sure your device has enough storage space in it and it must have at least 50% battery. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. You can now start downloading to upgrade October/KRACK WiFi Security patch on Galaxy Express 3 As this update is based on Marshmallow, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.
In case you haven’t received the same, you can simply check for the update manually to get KRACK Security Patch for AT&T Galaxy Express 3 SM-J120A. Check out the below steps for October/KRACK WiFi Security patch based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
This update is an incremental update with latest October/KRACK WiFi Security Patch Update. So we recommend to update your device safe with October Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
Flash J120AUCS4AQJ2 KRACK Security Marshmallow For Galaxy Express 3 SM-J120A
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on AT&T Galaxy Express 3, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash Marshmallow J120AUCS4AQJ2 For AT&T Galaxy Express 3
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update AT&T Galaxy Express 3 to KRACK Security Patch based Marshmallow manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade AT&T Galaxy Express 3 to Marshmallow OTA update.
However, in case if you still have not received the same, then you can follow our guide to installing J120AUCS4AQJ2 by flashing the firmware using ODIN software. For this, you are going to help you in this matter. Continue reading this post to know how to update your device.
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy Express 3
- How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy Express 3
- How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy Express 3
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on Galaxy Express 3
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on Galaxy Express 3
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on Galaxy Express 3
- How to install Android Oreo Update on Galaxy Express 3
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.0 for Galaxy Express 3
Update Via AT&T Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to latest KRACK Security Patch update J120AUCS4AQJ2 on Galaxy Express 3
Click Here To Upgrade Via Samsung Kies To KRACK Security Patch Update.
Download Drivers and ODIN:
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software: CLICK HERE.
- Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers: CLICK HERE.
- Click to Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop: CLICK HERE.
- Remember: This guide is to Install KRACK Security Patch Update on Galaxy Express 3 SM-J120A (J120AUCS4AQJ2).
- Your device must have 70% Battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
Only OTA Available now, it would take few days to get the Firmware build for ODIN
I hope you followed the above full guide link to install KRACK Security Patch Marshmallow on Galaxy Express 3 manually. If any queries or feedback, please write a comment to us.