Upgrade AT&T Galaxy Express 3 SM-J120A to January 2018 Security patch with version J120AUCS5ARA1. AT&T has fixed the regular bugs and improved the system stability and performance. The update is still based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Now you can install January 2018 Security Patch on AT&T Galaxy Express 3. Along with this update, AT&T the update also fixes Meltdown and Spectre security patches, and Various system improvements.
Table of Contents
Update J120AUCS5ARA1 January 2018 for AT&T Galaxy Express 3
The update seeded via OTA and it is sent in a phase-wise manner. To receive this OTA, you must be running Stock firmware without root.
In case if you have already received the update with build number J120AUCS5ARA1, then hit the download button to start the upgrade process. If not received, then check for the update manually by following the steps below.
- Release date: February 5, 2018
- Android version: 6.0.1
- Security patch level (SPL): January 1, 2018
- Baseband version: J120AUCS5ARA1
- Build number: MMB29K.J120AUCS5ARA1
- File size: 19.2MB
- What’s changing: Android device security updates, including Meltdown and Spectre migration patches (on SPLs Jan. 1 or later)
How to Update Software on Samsung Galaxy Express 3 manually?
Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone. You can tap the option titled “Download Updates Manually”. If the update is not available, then make sure your device is not rooted or installed any modified firmware.
Before proceeding to download, make sure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also, check if you have enough storage to download and install the latest update on AT&T Galaxy Express 3 SM-J120A. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Also, don’t forget to take the data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading January 2018 Security Patch for Samsung Galaxy Express 3. As this update is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.
[su_note note_color=”#fff2fc” text_color=”#000000″]If you have not received the update, then you can try upgrading your phone via OTA or Samsung Kies. In case if you have the full firmware download, then please share the URL here, so that everyone can enjoy the same by flashing via ODIN software. [/su_note]
Check out this link to see if your phone will support Android 8.0 Oreo.
Samsung announced the list of Samsung devices updating to Android 8.0 Oreo.
If your phone model is not on the official device list, then you need not worry! Here is the list of Supported device to receive Lineage OS 15 based on Android Oreo.
You can also install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy Express 3 by following the steps given here.
Check Popular Post:
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices