Samsung Galaxy J2 Core is receiving a new firmware update having a new software version J260FUXXU1ATAK based on Android 8.1 Oreo. It includes the January 2020 Security Patch for the Galaxy J2 Core model and you can easily download and install it by following the guide below.
The new software update is rolling out in the Georgia and Uzbekistan region hopefully the update will soon arrive at other regions as well. It’s waving in batches via OTA and may take a couple of days or more to arrive on all the units completely. For your info, the January 2020 patchset fixes a security vulnerability in the media framework that could enable a remote attacker to cause security issues. In short, it provides enhanced system security for the device.
Table of Contents
Check OTA Update
The OTA update always roll-out in a phased manner and not all the users may get the same update at the same time. So, it’s better to check for the software update on your device via Settings > System > System Updates > Check for Updates.
If the latest firmware update is available for your handset, simply grab it by downloading and installing.
Ensure that the device is charged more than 60% and connected to a Wi-Fi network as well.
Firmware Info: J260FUXXU1ATAK
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J2 Core (SM-J260F)
- Region: Georgia and Uzbekistan
- Build Number: J260FUXXU1ATAK
- Android OS Version: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-01-01
How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy J2 Core (J260FUXXU1ATAK)
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (J260FUXXU1ATAK) is only supported by Samsung Galaxy J2 Core in the Georgia and Uzbekistan region.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide: J260FUXXU1ATAK
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the January 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy J2 Core model with build number J260FUXXU1ATAK. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.