In this article, we have shared the August 2020 security patch update for Galaxy J2 Core with build number J260MUBUCATH3. The update is based on Android 10 and brings no major changes except security patch and bug fixes. This update is now live in the South American region.
It is started rolling to the South American region such as Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, Columbia, Chile, Trinidad, and Tobago, Panama, Bolivia, and more. The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner. If you have a Galaxy J2 Core with variant SM-J260M, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to August 2020 with build number J260MUBUCATH3.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Galaxy J2 Core:
If you have not received the notification to upgrade your firmware to J260MUBUCATH3, then check for the OTA update manually by going into Settings –> System > System Updates. In case if you see any new update, you can hit the download now button to start upgrading your device.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy J2 Core and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your Galaxy J2 Core.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J2 Core (SM-J260M)
- Region: South America
- Build Number: J260MUBUCATH3
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-08-01
- Supported Countries: Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, Columbia, Chile, Trinidad, and Tobago, Panama, Bolivia, and more
How to Install August 2020 Patch on Galaxy J2 Core
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy J2 Core device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (J260MUBUCATH3) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy J2 Core.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.How to install stock firmware on Galaxy J2 Core using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the August 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy J2 Core model with build number J260MUBUCATH3. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.