Samsung rolling a new update which upgrades the security patch level to February 2018 on Galaxy J3 2017 SM-J327U. The update is labeled with software version J327UUEU3ARB1 and brings all the latest security vulnerabilities fix for the devices. Now you can download and install the build number J327UUEU3ARB1 with February 2018 Security Patch update for Galaxy J3 2017. The new update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
Talking about the specs, Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 features a 5.0-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The smartphone is powered by 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos 7570 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 comes with the 13MP rear camera and 5MP front shooting camera. Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat and backed by Removable Li-Ion 2400mAh battery.
The update has started rolling over the air for users running on stock firmware. If you are running Stock ROM without any root or mods, then you can simply wait for the OTA to roll out and then hit and upgrade the OS to February 2018 Security patch on Galaxy J3 2017. In case if your device is rooted, then you can manually upgrade to J327UUEU3ARB1 build on Galaxy J3 2017 (SM-J327U) by following the below instructions to upgrade via ODIN Downloader.
Still not received the OTA update? Then follow the below instruction to check for new OTA update on your phone.
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy J3 2017 SM-J327U?
- In your phone, tap the Menu Key > Open Settings > Tap on About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. Once the download complete, your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK.That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]Before proceeding to download, Galaxy J3 2017 must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also to install this update, make sure you have enough storage on your device to complete the installation process. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading February 2018 Security for Galaxy J3 2017 (SM-J327U). As this update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
Check out this link to see if your phone will support Android 8.0 Oreo.
Samsung announced the list of Samsung devices updating to Android 8.0 Oreo. If your phone model is not on the official device list, then you need not worry! Here is the list of Supported device to receive Lineage OS 15 based on Android Oreo.
You can also install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy J3 2017 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat) by following the steps given here.
Steps to Install J327UUEU3ARB1 on Galaxy J3 2017 manually:
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Galaxy J3 2017.
Required ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy J3 2017
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
How to update via ODIN Software
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to J327UUEU3ARB1 on Galaxy J3 2017 SM-J327U.
I hope this guide was helpful to install a new software update on your device.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices