Samsung started rolling out June 2020 Security Patch for Galaxy J3 2017 in Canada that bumps up a new software version with J327WVLS5BTF2. The update is based on Android 8.1 Oreo and live for Canada carriers like Bell, Virgin Mobile, Videotron, Rogers, Sasktel, Telus, Fido Mobile, and more. All the interested users can easily download and install the update manually by following this guide.
The particular firmware update is rolling out via OTA in an incremental manner that offers the system security vulnerability fix that could enable a remote attacker to harm the system and user data. However, there is no additional feature or improvement included in this update. Either you can check for the OTA update on your phone or manually flash the firmware update by following the steps below.
In order to check the software OTA update, you can head over to the device Settings > Software update > Download updates manually. If available, download and install it by using the Wi-Fi connection. Make sure to charge your phone at least up to 50%.
- Model Name: Samsung Galaxy J3 2017
- Model Number: SM-J327W
- Region: Canada
- Build Number: J327WVLS5BTF2
- Android OS Version: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-06-01
- Supported Carriers: Bell, Virgin Mobile, Videotron, Rogers, Sasktel, Telus, Fido Mobile, and more
How to Flash June 2020 Security Patch on Canada Galaxy J3 2017
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Canada Galaxy J3 2017 device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This ROM supports only on Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 in Canada carriers.
- To avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process, make sure to charge it at least 50% or more
- To install this, you need a PC or Laptop with original or genuine USB Cable
- To avoid losing your data, we always recommend taking a complete backup.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the June 2020 Security Patch for the Galaxy J3 2017 installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the June 2020 Security patch for your Canada Galaxy J3 2017 model with build number J327WVLS5BTF2. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.