Today Samsung started rolling October 2018 Security patch for Galaxy J3 2017 with build number J330FNXXS3BRJ1. The update brings nothing major changes except bug fixes and security patch. The software is still running on Android 8.0 Oreo.
The update started rolling via OTA (over the air) for users. In case if you still not received the update on your Galaxy J3 2017, then we recommend you to check for the new OTA update by following the below instructions manually.
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy J3 2017?
If your device is not able to get the update automatically via air, then you can manually check for the same.
[su_note note_color=”#fefef3″ text_color=”#000000″]Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.[/su_note]
If you are manually downloading the latest J330FNXXS3BRJ1 October 2018 security patch then you should be using a strong Wi-Fi network. This will help you save your carrier data. Also, keep your phone battery on ample charge. If there is a low power, no update can take place. Alternatively, you can also manually download and install the OTA firmware on Galaxy J3 2017 using ODIN Software. Below you can download the firmware and follow the instructions to install the October 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy J3 2017.
Firmware Details [ J330FNXXS3BRJ1 ]:
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J3 2017
- Model: SM-J330FN
- Baseband Version: J330FNXXS3BRJ1
- Security Patch Level: 02.10.2018
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
Steps to Install The Software Manually on Galaxy J3 2017
If you have not received the update, then download the firmware and follow the below steps to install the firmware on your device.
Download Firmware, Odin Tool, and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Ensure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Firmware Link: Download || Mirror Link
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy J3 2017 [SM-J330FN]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need a PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something wrong.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
As mentioned above you need to have the ODIN tool, latest firmware, and the required device. Below we have put up the tutorial that you can follow and manually flash the latest October 2018 firmware on Galaxy J3 2017
I hope this guide was useful to install the build number J330FNXXS3BRJ1 on Galaxy J3 2017.