Samsung has started rolling out the latest June 2019 security patch for Galaxy J3 2017 update in Europe region. It includes the build number J330FNXXS3BSE2 and based on Android 8.0 Oreo. The update brings some of the bug fixes, performance improvements and June 2019 Android Security Patch. The latest security patch provides improved security and privacy functions.
The update doesn’t feature any camera improvement like its higher models. It only brings the security level. The latest software version J330FNXXS3BSE2 currently rolling out in some of the regions in Europe. Such as Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Macedonia, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Croatia, Bulgaria, South East Europe, Bosnia, and more other regions. The OTA update is an incremental process and will take time to roll out in every region completely. We have to wait for it.
Table of Contents
Check for the OTA Updates Manually
As we already mentioned that the company has started an incremental update process, so it may take a few days more to roll out on other countries including India. Meanwhile, if the update started rolling out but not on your device, then you can check for the OTA manually.
- Go to your phone Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the J330FNXXS3BSE2 June 2019 update shows as available, then tap on Download it.
The update size is big enough and may take time to download via mobile carrier data. We will recommend you to enable the Wi-Fi connection for faster and stable download. It will save your limited mobile data as well.
Here are details mentioned about the firmware which brings the June 2019 security patch for Galaxy J3 2017 below.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J3 2017
- Model: SM-J330FN
- Region: Europe
- Baseband Version: J330FNXXS3BSE2
- Security Patch Level: 2019-06-01 (June)
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
Supported Regions are: Austria, Switzerland, Romania, Luxembourg, Spain, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Macedonia, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Croatia, Bulgaria, South East Europe, Bosnia, and more other regions.
Steps to Manually Install June 2019 Software Update on Galaxy J3 2017
You need to follow the regular method using Odin Tool to install the new stock firmware on Galaxy J3 2017. Check out the tutorial mentioned below along with requirements and download link.
- This ROM file is only for Galaxy J3 2017 handset. Don’t use it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB Cable as well.
- Take a Full Backup of your device data before installing the firmware file.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies software on your computer also.
- You need to Enter into the Samsung Download Mode.
Download J330FNXXS3BSE2 Stock ROM for Galaxy J3 2017
Here is the download link of stock firmware for Galaxy J3 2017 which inlcludes the new June 2019 security patch mentioned below.
Guide for Firmware Installation
Here is the stock firmware installation guide for Samsung Galaxy J3 2017. The firmware flashing process is based on Odin Flash Tool. Check out the full detailed guide on it.
You can follow the video tutorial as well for better guidance.