Samsung is now rolling out the June 2018 Security Update for the Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 (SM-J330FN). This update is called J330FNXXU3BRG2. Please note that this is just a security update for the device. This means that this won’t bring any major changes in your Samsung Galaxy J3 2017, especially on the User Interface. And no, the Android version on your Galaxy J3 2017 won’t upgrade either. This update is based on the Android 8.0 Oreo only.
That being said, the J330FNXXU3BRG2 June 2018 Security Update is rolling over-the-air(OTA). This means that your Smartphone would get the Update in the Updater (Settings) itself and in most cases, you would get a notification about it. Alternatively, you can also install the update manually on your Galaxy J3 2017. Wanna know how? Well, let us guide you.
Table of Contents
How to Manually Capture OTA Update on Galaxy J3 2017?Watch The Video on How to install Stock Firmware on any Samsung Galaxy devices using ODIN
In order to manually install the OTA Update on your Samsung Galaxy J3 2017, you need to follow these steps carefully:
- First of all, go to the Settings >> About Phone and tap on Software Update.
- Now, Tap on Check for Updates.
- You must see a new update with build number J330FNXXU3BRG2 here, just tap on Download button to start the download.
- Once the download has been completed, your Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 will install it automatically. (Your Smartphone would reboot during the process).
We suggest you download the update over the Wi-Fi as then it would download much faster. Also, it would save your Carrier charges as well. A minimum of 60% charge is also recommended to be on the safer side.
Now, if you are someone who likes to install the firmware manually through Odin or maybe you are unable to get the J330FNXXU3BRG2 update due to some unknown issues. Then you can also download and install the June Security Update on your Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 using Odin. Let us first take a look at the details of this new firmware for the Samsung Galaxy J3 2017, should we?
Details of the Firmware:
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J3 2017
- Model: SM-A600FN
- Baseband Version: J330FNXXU3BRG2
- Security Patch Level: 01.06.2018
- Software: ODIN Tool
Download J330FNXXU3BRG2 June 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy J3 2017[Firmwere Zip]
You can download the Firmware file for the Galaxy J3 2017 by clicking on the download link below.
Now, let us take a look at some of the prerequisites.
Required Odin and Drivers:
- You need to download and Install the Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure that you download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy J3 2017 [SM-A600FN] only.
- Make sure that you have downloaded the firmware and tools from above.
- You need a PC in order to install this firmware.
- Don’t forget to take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing this new firmware.
- Enter your device into the Samsung Download Mode.
- GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this Firmware.
How To Install J330FNXXU3BRG2 Firmware on Galaxy J3 2017Watch The Video on How to install Stock Firmware on any Samsung Galaxy devices using ODIN
Once you have the above prerequisites and tools ready, all you need to do is just follow our guide on Complete Tutorial to Flash Samsung Firmware Using ODIN to install the J330FNXXU3BRG2 Firmware on Galaxy J3 2017.
So that’s it guys, this was our take on Download J330FNXXU3BRG2 June 2018 Security Update for Galaxy J3 2017 2018. Let us know your thoughts on this in the comments section down below.