Today Samsung started rolling a new update for their Galaxy J3 2017 in the European region with security patch upgraded to August 2018. The update comes with build number J330FNXXU3BRH2 and weighs almost 250MB in size based on Android 8.0 Oreo. With this update, Samsung has also fixed security bugs and vulnerabilities found in the earlier version. You can now upgrade to August 2018 Security patch on Galaxy J3 2017.
The update is currently rolling via OTA for Galaxy J3 2017 users in Europe and will soon start rolling the same build number globally. You can manually check for the software update on your phone. To check, you can follow our instructions below. You should receive the build number J330FNXXU3BRH2 to enjoy August 2018 Security patch. To install this update, you must be running on the previous stock firmware.
Supported European Region are Czech republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Macedonia, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Croatia, Bulgaria, South East Europe, Bosnia, and more other regions.
Table of Contents
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy J3 2017?
If your device is not able to get the update automatically via air, then you can manually check for the same.
- Go to device Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If there is any new software update then hit the Download button to start downloading the software on your Galaxy J3 2017.
- Wait till the download completes and then tap on Install update to flash the new software.
- As the installation process completes your Galaxy J3 2017 will reboot.
Details of the Firmware :
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J3 2017
- Model: SM-J330FN
- Baseband Version: J330FNXXU3BRH2 [Europe]
- Security Patch Level: 01.08.2018
- Software: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
- Region: Europe
Supported European Region is Czech Republic, Serbia, Ireland, UK, France, Macedonia, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Croatia, Bulgaria, South East Europe, Bosnia, and more other regions.
Download J330FNXXU3BRH2 Firmware HereDownload Firmware Here
Steps to Install The Software Manually on Galaxy J3 2017 [European variant]
If you have not received the update, then download the firmware and follow the below steps to install the firmware on your device.
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Ensure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy J3 2017 [SM-J330FN]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something wrong.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
As mentioned above you need to have the ODIN tool, latest firmware, and the required device. Below we have put up the tutorial that you can follow and manually flash the latest August firmware on Galaxy J3 2017.
I hope this guide was useful to install the build number J330FNXXU3BRH2 on Galaxy J3 2017.